Think about this? Just sold a home we had for sale 21 years

We built a home in Belize in 1983 and lived in Belize for 12 years. It was time to move back home when our child wanted to go to college. We put our home and land up for sale in 2002 and just closed on the deal. Now to be fair, we did own 4400ac. We got it in 1977 for $26k and threw out the years we did sell off all the ocean and riverfronts, but the bulk of the land just sat there. We had turned about 600 ac into oranges but just allowed all of it to return to the jungle. The new owner says he will be doing a large retirement development, but I have seen many of those come and go in Belize, so buyer beware. I will not say where this land is so the developer can move forward with his SCAM I mean development. lol, Belize it.

@jonestom747 Yes, there have been plenty of those Dream Developments turned nightmares for the unwary in Belize.

I suspect the current one going on the Sothern Hwy in Stann Creek on 200ac falls into this category. The developer is only advertising outside the country and locals see little going on at the location.

I'm sure you got a very good price for your remaining acreage, as coming out of the pandemic the Placencia peninsula exploded in sales and building, lots of it had been on the market for years. Now realtors tell me its selling/sold over the phone sight unseen.

I guess you know the long awaited Coastal Road is in use, the lands near it have opened up. Development is underway. I hope not many scammers get involved but it is Belize. 😀 

@jonestom747

Congrats on your sale!