Where to exchange my slightly burnt bill ?

Hello everyone,

I have a $100 bill that is slightly burned. Do you know where to exchange it in Phnom Penh? I read some forums that it can be, with a discounted amount but I don't know where exactly.

Thanks

I can tell you what I did with damaged $50 bill. I went to Sathapana bank hq in Phnom Penh and asked the nice teller to please help. She gave me the full amount in riel. I don't use US dollars any more. Got tired of the issues. Hope this helps.

I have had USD notes refused in supermarkets and restaurants for very small imperfections (for example, a pen mark or a slight tear). This was never a problem in Vietnam or Thailand, I dont know why it is such an issue here. Anyway, I usually use them to pay for drinks in a small, dark bar. I once tried in a bank, they wouldnt take it (Bred Bank, Siem Reap).

@mpmilestogo Thank you! I might as well start using Riel and exchange all my USD

@hdgh29 oh no.. But I try some banks and money changers the local guy I am buying shirts from (online) told me I can have it exchanged in LyHour? I will find out where that is :)

@hdgh29

Yeah right...😀

Small dark Bar....just buying a drink.😉

@Ontheroad57 oh no i might get in trouble if they find out lol