Best health insurance company

Can anyone here give advice on which insurance company is affordable in general? I'm retired 65, living in Bangkok, and urgently need one. It's to cover medical costs. Thank you all in advance for your opinion.

Can anyone here give advice on which insurance company is affordable in general? I'm retired 65, living in Bangkok, and urgently need one. It's to cover medical costs. Thank you all in advance for your opinion.
-@Gary1957

My insurance company is Pacific Cross. Just Google it. It's located in Bangkok. The premium depends on how much it covers. You need to come up with a qualified guess about the cover, it's basically about your current health and existing conditions.You can skip outpatient and save 20% of the premium. When do you turn 66? At that age you're considered "overaged", and the premium gets much more expensive. Stay away from expensive private hospitals.

Thank you for the advice. I'm getting 66 in May. I was diagnosed with a hernia recently at Camillian hospital. Will cost between 90-100,000 baht which for the moment I don't have. Any other hospital you can recommend is welcome.

Thank you for the advice. I'm getting 66 in May. I was diagnosed with a hernia recently at Camillian hospital. Will cost between 90-100,000 baht which for the moment I don't have. Any other hospital you can recommend is welcome.
-@Gary1957

When you're 66 you need a medical examination before you're approved. But,you always have to fill in an extensive form about your current health and existing conditions. Existing conditions are keywords for insurance companies in Thailand. If you apply for a health insurance and it's approved, 2 weeks later you suddenly have a medical problem with in your case a hernia, you're in trouble. The insurance company will get suspicious and the insurance might not cover the costs.

ok, thanks for this useful information. Appreciated.