Wanting Taiwanese Citizenship for Children

Hi all,

Just joined moments ago and I hope someone here can help or at least direct me accordingly...

I am a US citizen.  My wife of nearly 20 years is Taiwanese (born in Taoyuan).  We have two children (US citizens) who are 11 and 13 years old.  Our family lives in the San Francisco Bay Area of the United States. 

As I/we understand, our two children are essentially already Taiwanese citizens, but we need to formally get that recognition though.  Totally understood.  Where can I find a detailed step-by-step process of what needs to happen, a checklist of sorts, ideally in English? 

I imagine this must be done in Taiwan, or at least a good part of it, but not sure...  It would be nice if we could start the process now, getting forms complete, securing documents, notarizations, etc...  Prior to the pandemic we visited TW each summer, and we look to resume that tradition this June!

I believe their birth certificates will be needed.  Is that correct?  Our two children were born abroad when we were in India, so we don't have typical US birth certificates, but CRBAs (Consular Report of Birth Abroad) instead.  Curious if those US documents (CRBA) would suffice for this process, or if we must use the actual Indian birth certificates...

Thanks much!

@gobears89

A good place to get reliable info would be the immigration bureau. Go to the website.