Just accepted a job in Doha need some advice

Just accepted a job in Doha. Have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers too

1. How long would it take to commute from the Pearl to Al Souq near national museum. The Pearl looks amazing but I don't want to be stuck in traffic for ages twice a day coming and going
  2. I assume it is easy to get an Uber in the morning at 6 am from the Pearl? I'll be using Uber to commute , need door to door until (if) I get used to heat
  3. what is the alcohol allowance from CDC each month ?
  4. Any idea how the office culture (banking) would compare to London in terms of work hours per day ? london is normally 12 hour days for me and hoping Doha is less but not sure on culture

thanks in advance to anyone who takes time to respond

Shane

Hello Shane,

Welcome on board !

I have edited the title of your thread for a better fit. I hope you will get some guidance soon.

All the best

Bhavna

Just accepted a job in Doha. Have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers too

How long would it take to commute from the Pearl to Al Souq near national museum. The Pearl looks amazing but I don't want to be stuck in traffic for ages twice a day coming and going

I assume it is easy to get an Uber in the morning at 6 am from the Pearl? I'll be using Uber to commute , need door to door until (if) I get used to heat

You will get lot of cab services who offer monthly rental. And Even you can look for Metro to commute in-case if you have a Metro link which will save some sort of money but not time.

what is the alcohol allowance from CDC each month ?

Depend on your expenditure you can buy 5k to 45k.

Any idea how the office culture (banking) would compare to London in terms of work hours per day ? london is normally 12 hour days for me and hoping Doha is less but not sure on culture

• 8 hours working depend on your organization, sometimes 9 hr which include 1 hr break, and please note some employer may ask to work up-to 10 hours and may mentions in the Contract that staff may wish to delicate more hrs.

thanks in advance to anyone who takes time to respond

Shane
-@socittoem

@Wilson thanks for taking time to respond