I'm self-employed with only 1 child still at home (currently 7th grade)

I'm Alysta and with only 1 child still at home (currently 7th grade), I'm really itching to spend time in France, ideally renovating a village house. I'm self-employed and can live anywhere that I can connect online. The primary issue is my child has been in Spanish dual language, and I feel like having her spend her entire high school in France would be my dream, not hers plus I have elderly parents to consider. Any suggestions from others with older school-aged kids and older parents?

Hello Alysta,

Welcome to expat.com!

I have created a new thread from your initial post for more visibility on the forum.

I hope that other members will soon share their experiences of schooling and living in France with you.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

The primary issue is my child has been in Spanish dual language, and I feel like having her spend her entire high school in France would be my dream, not hers plus I have elderly parents to consider. Any suggestions from others with older school-aged kids and older parents?
-@Alysta

Your child has been educated in English and Spanish, but now you want to send her to high school in France? Can you either wait till she graduates or leave her with her father? I don't think it is fair to sacrifice your child's education for your dreams.

@Sunshine03 I'm the sole parent. I'm hoping to hear from others who have moved to France when their kids are teens as well as those with older parents (I'm also the only one who really cares for my mom). But I think it's more likely that spending summers in France is more feasible for the next several years. Who knows, my daughter may want to spend a year in France.

Bonjour où vous en êtes

hello : how old is your child ? i dont understand what "7th grade" means :-)

are you looking for an alternative way of life, or just looking for living in a village with renovating a house

do you still know France ? is there a region in France that you like more ?

Bonjour où vous en êtes
-@rodbz22

Hello rodbz22,

Since this is an English-speaking forum, kindly write in English only. It will be helpful for all other members1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team