Washer & dryer in apartment

Hi I am relocating to Copenhagen in January 2023. I have recently started searching for apartments in boligportal and noticed that most (if not all) apartments mention shared laundry in basement or something like that. I assume they're paid like those coin laundry machines.

My question is, can I buy my own washer and dryer and use in my own apartment? Even better, can I bring my own washer or dryer from Hong Kong since company pays to ship from HK to Copenhagen? Voltage is likely not an issue I presume but this is high wattage equipment so I am not 100% sure..

@cpolly182  Hi cpolly182 ! I have also been looking for apartments and you are right; a shared laundry is quite common. You may want to consider this to have one problem less. Newer apartments may come with ready laundry opportunities while others may offer an opportunity to install your own machines. Would your company accept buying you brand new machines locally in Denmark instead of shipping it all the way ?

Good luck with your move !

Thomas

High wattage - it's a no go today with the current electricity prices. Inflation has increased by 11,1 % in September this year, primarily because of the high electricity prices.

A shared laundry in the basement means that you have to book time for your wash and drying, but the pay is included in the rent.

Household machines use 220 V why it takes a lot of time to wash.

/Nellie

@sventhomastapio unfortunately they won't! so i sort of want to bring my entire house from HK to Copenhagen xD

@Nellie Berg included in the rental?? oh no wonder!! i can understand why now. i just feel a little weird carrying loads of clothes up and down. with a baby i do my laundry almost everyday..usually i just chuck the dirty clothes into the washer directly..i guess i have to check this before i rent! so i assume they allow me to use my own if my want, even though the basement ones are free..ok understood, thanks so much!

I do understand your need for your own washer and dryer.

Furthermore, I have now learned that there are places where former free laundry facilities have turned into pay facilities due to the increased electricity prices, and because some residents misused the facilities as they also washed and dryed for their families and friends.

/Nellie