Changes to immigration law and requirements in Paraguay

Hello all,

I know that we have briefly talked about this in here, but please know that the new immigration law was approved by our congress and sent to the executive branch to be published, which is still pending. Once it is published I'll analyze the law and share with you the most important aspects of it.

Also (this has nothing to do with the new law) you should know that at the moment the immigration office is requesting foreign citizens that come from countries that are not party to the Mercosur treaty, to have a tourist visa issued by a Paraguayan consulate when applying for the residence permit, even if they come from countries that usually don't require visas to enter Paraguayan territory as tourists.

Best regards,

Sally

Hello Sally Romero,

Thank you for updating us on that. 1f609.svg

By chance, do you know if it was published or not yet?

Please, do not hesitate to share the new immigration laws as it will be very helpful to more than one person here.

Thanking you in advance.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello Sally,

I am a permanent resident of Paraguay. The new law states that the Permanent Residency Card will have to be renewed every 10 years. Do you think that will be complicated? Do you think that a person whose cedula is 7 or 8 years old should renew it before the new law takes effect?