Import of 400 cc motorcycle from INDIA

Hi All,

I will be moving to Malaysia recently and am planning to import my new Royal Enfield Himalayan from Bangalore (India) to kuala Lumpur.

I wanted to know what would the procedure to be followed and also the cost approximation that would be involved.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

if memory serves, and this needs checking because it's been a while since I looked.

I believe there's an import duty of 30% of value, then consider how much the transport will set you back.
Toss in for good measure the thing will be of little use when compared to a small scooter, and importing it looks less and less attractive.
Also, do you have a license that the Malaysian police will accept as valid over there?

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your time.

I haven't yet checked on the license part yet.

I'll definitely look into it

Hi Gopinath,
Have you brought your bullet to Malaysia.
I am planning to get my Bullet classic 350 2016 model which is in my native Chennai to bring to Malaysia.
Please can you guide with the steps and procedures what we need to follow to bring the Vehicle via Cargo to Malaysia. What would be the total cost incurred and charges accordingly to bring the vehicle from Chennai to Malaysia.
Please advise.
Awaiting your favorable inputs.

Regards,
KB Bala
Hello Balaprem,

Welcome to expat.com!

Unfortunately Gopinath is no longer active and so he might not see your post.

For this reason, I invite you to create a new discussion on the Kuala Lumpur forum where your new discussion can benefit from more exposure and you will also receive more advice from our members.

Cheers,

Yoginee
Expat.com team

@Yoginee

Thanks very much for your response. Let me check.