Book of complaints

Hi, is there anyone around with experience with regard to builders/contractors and the "Book of Complaints"?

I think this "Book of Complaints" only works for accredited companies or business owners. You will need the NIPC / NIF of the builder:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 33#5031169

(Post #2 - See 6. IMPIC)

@JohnnyPT

Hi Jonny, I'm sure that is correct.

I'm trying to find out whether anyone has experience using the complaints book against a builder. Everybody knows there are a lot of problems with builder companies and so am I. Just want to find out  if it's worth the effort..

Thanks, Leo

@JohnnyPT
Hi Jonny, I'm sure that is correct.
I'm trying to find out whether anyone has experience using the complaints book against a builder. Everybody knows there are a lot of problems with builder companies and so am I. Just want to find out  if it's worth the effort..
Thanks, Leo

-@LeoTasnal

Hi,      Would you give source(s) for the data   "Everybody knows there are a lot of problems with builder companies"please ?

@LeoTasnal

Dear Leo, I am having a total nightmare experience with a builder in southern Portugal. It is absolutely critical that you only deal with well known builders who are highly recommended. You can find these people through the top real estate agents: Century 21, etc. Never, never , never use an unknown local agent unless you have numerous recommendations from people who have dealt with them before. You may have noticed that numerous Scandinavians and 50% of the Canadians and Americans who moved to Portugal during the last couple of years have already left the country. It appears that it is not unusual for local police departments to be involved with the criminals. The myth that Portugal is a safe and honest country is apparently only that: A Myth. Good luck

@JohnnyPTDear Jonnny,, I am having a total nightmare experience with a builder in southern Portugal. It is absolutely critical that you only deal with well known builders who are highly recommended. You can find these people through the top real estate agents: Century 21, etc. Never, never , never use an unknown local agent unless you have numerous recommendations from people who have dealt with them before. You may have noticed that numerous Scandinavians and 50% of the Canadians and Americans who moved to Portugal during the last couple of years have already left the country. It appears that it is not unusual for local police departments to be involved with the criminals. The myth that Portugal is a safe and honest country is apparently only that: A Myth. Good luck

The myth that Portugal is a safe and honest country is apparently only that: A Myth. Good luck

-@sbara1

There are cowboy builders in every country!!

@LeoTasnal hello. i am sorry that you  are experiencing that. depending on the nature of the complain, you use the complains book but keep in mind  that will be analized by the authorities that regulate that business area

you should find the link for the complains book on the company web page (by law)

if its more related as a crime you can forgwt tgat and go straight to rhe police and if its a break of the contract that I am sure you signed with the builder, you may need a lawyer instead.

Meantime I hope a bad exoerience/choice is not enough for you to consider a all nation de-honest or unsafe

@sbara1,

Where did you get that statistic 50%? What you say is not true. Besides, there are honest and competent people in every country. Just as there are dishonest and incompetent people in every country.

Unfortunately, I'm also having problems with a Brazilian building contractor. I'd like to generalise that Brazilians, as well as working badly, aren't honest and leave work half-finished... but I shouldn't... (!!...)

Portugal's problem is that it has difficulty retaining good Portuguese professionals. They go to other countries to earn more. And we have to deal with a lot of so-called "professionals" from the other side of the Atlantic.....!

The myth that Portugal is a safe and honest country is apparently only that: A Myth. Good luck        -@sbara1

There are cowboy builders in every country!!

-@SimCityAT

Shirley  --- statistics should  prove there  are more cowboy builders  in the land of cowboys?