Portugal to be excluded from Schengen Area?

I read today in Portugal News that Portugal will be excluded from the Schengen Area if new border control systems of the European Union (EU) are not implemented by July 2024. As could be expected Portugal seemingly has not even yet tendered for the required system and consequently not tested and validated their functioning.

Does anybody have information on this topic and what the consequences might be.

The fault lies with the previous government...

Everything will be settled at the last minute. It's the taxpayers who pay...

https://www.jornaldenegocios.pt/economi … o-schengen

@JohnnyPTVery interesting. New news coming to my ear. I follow very closely. Thank you very much

Are they saying the government hasn't been in enough of a hurry, to install the equipment that made passport control in CDG Paris such a time consuming nightmare the last couple times I went through there?

I read today in Portugal News that Portugal will be excluded from the Schengen Area if new border control systems of the European Union (EU) are not implemented by July 2024. As could be expected Portugal seemingly has not even yet tendered for the required system and consequently not tested and validated their functioning.
Does anybody have information on this topic and what the consequences might be.

-@TGCampo

When posting such news please in future post the source or the post might get removed as it is just hearsay.

I read today in Portugal News that Portugal will be excluded from the Schengen Area if new border control systems of the European Union (EU) are not implemented by July 2024. As could be expected Portugal seemingly has not even yet tendered for the required system and consequently not tested and validated their functioning.Does anybody have information on this topic and what the consequences might be.        -@TGCampo

When posting such news please in future post the source or the post might get removed as it is just hearsay.

-@SimCityAT

There is this (link) and this (link).  The latter is a translation from a Portuguese source, but is behind a paywall, so you can't see the whole thing.  I guess it all depends on how much we believe some of the nonsense we read in the media today.

There is this (link) and this (link).  The latter is a translation from a Portuguese source, but is behind a paywall, so you can't see the whole thing.  I guess it all depends on how much we believe some of the nonsense we read in the media today.

-@Cynic

You would think it would be all over the news in all countries?

There is this (link) and this (link).  The latter is a translation from a Portuguese source, but is behind a paywall, so you can't see the whole thing.  I guess it all depends on how much we believe some of the nonsense we read in the media today.        -@Cynic

You would think it would be all over the news in all countries?

-@SimCityAT

Yes, you would.  I hadn't heard of the Portuguese issue until I saw this thread; I have no idea as to the authenticity of what they say.  This link will take you to the UK Home Office fact sheet on the subject; they have begun to issue the UK versions (Evisas) of these, they started by issuing them to the holders of a UK Biometric Card.  I have no idea how far they are here in regard to the machines that can read them.

@SimCityAT

https://www.jornaldenegocios.pt/economi … o-schengen

Hello everyone,

Please note that some off-topic posts were put aside from this thread so that the thread can get back on track.

Regards

Bhavna

https://www.google.com/search?q=The+Por … d=atritem-        Hi, Reported 2 hours ago in the 'Portugal news today'  Portugal is no longer at risk of leaving the Schengen area, they have caught up. I've taken a screenshot of the report but I don't know how to post it. Sorry. I think that is how you add the link......  anyway, I hope this is of use to someone.