Western expat only?

Hello together,

I'm new here. I'm still in Germany, but will move to Kuwait and start work in January. I was looking for apartments and found "western expats only"- why is that?

Feels boring to be just within western expats only to be honest.

What about mixed couples?

I've been working in Dubai and never found that.

I'm still looking for a nice apartment, where it is safe, doesn't smell weird and is in Sharq/Salmiya.

Been checking on Dubizzle, but always getting not sure when I see "Western expats only"

@Lobby Logos

In a week time I shall be there in Kuwait too but your location mostly depends on where your company has accommodation.

If you are coming with company visa 18 transferable, ask where they have their accommodation and thatvis where you'll obviously be until after 6months that you can have your own apartment(as per Kuwait labour law)

***. You can link up

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Lobby Logos best way to find an apartment in Kuwait is to drive around and look, go and ask, and find your home. co-habitation is illegal in Kuwait, unless you are married. people ask for "western expats" online only coz they believe westerners are better paid than others, which they are. but it doesnt mean that there are no apartments available for non-westerners.

better is to find housing near your work place

some owners accept only westerns