Moving from the uk

HI new to this forum and looked very informative.

Me and my partner are looking to move to cyprus in the next 2 years giving myself plenty of time to learn the in's and outs of everything. We are visiting paphos for my sisters wedding in October this year and was wondering if there was anywhere we could visit who could give us some information on moving?

What steps we need to take we are looking to rent first and then  buy eventually once we have been out there for 5 years and we can get permanent residence.

We also have a 3 year old we want to move ready In time for start of school which I have read is 6 years old in cyprus.

Does anyone have any good advice for us please?

Thanks

Steph
I would suggest securing work.first.of all as I it's not so easy now UK Has left the EU unless you have a skill that Cyprus needs and can't be met by Cypriots and EU nationals then you are third in line

But please have a browse or search for the subjects you are interested in and just ask away on matters that arnt covered or are unique
Thank you for your quick response we shouldn't need work due to the income on our property that we will be renting out and our holiday let we have here in the uk.

We're hoping to be making £3500 a month of the 2 which from what I read should be enough to prove we have enough funds to move to cyprus and live on.

Should getting a pink slip be quite a easy process?

Thanks

Steph
Pink slip will.require a sum to be deposited for the main person and a further sum per dependant to be deposited from abroad in to a Cyprus bank account and full cover healthcare including repatriation ....plus an absence of no.more than 3 months per year
See this article
Be aware there may well be changes as the new criteria has been passed by cabinet but has not as yet passed through parliament.. the new criteria is much higher  IE €40k + €10k per dependant
It's not likely to be passed imo as the knock on impacts are massive .. but it may well be passed at a lower level  but higher than now for example in line with Spain's €27k plus....

So in two years time it could be very different

@Toon thank you

Please check the cost of international schools as they can be 800 euros per month unless you want the child to be educated completely in Greek Language(science, history, etc) with english as a second language.
Also check out your tax liabilities both UK and  here on your rental income from abroad....

@Toon OK will do thank you 🙂👍

@dvb123 hi thank you for responding I've had a quick look and have worked out its roughly 400 month at £4800 a year for the first 4 years. That was just one school I have looked at that....

@Srogers4

It's always good to be prepared, but as @Toon says, a lot can happen/change in 2 years. 

@SimCityAT I know just getting excited about it all 🙂