Refugees in paphos

Afternoon all
We would really appreciate any information on the situation in Paphos with Refugees
We are coming over to Cyprus on 3rd July and  have just been told that the property we are renting in Emba has been broken into by Refugees and the owner has said it's not safe to go there. Apparently this seems to be happening all over the island! Panic stations as we had to frantically find somewhere else very quickly.
We have been told that there have been riots in Kato Paphos and police were patrolling the area. It's a bit concerning hearing this, just wondering if anyone could give us their thoughts on this!
Many thanks. Alison
It was mainly chlorakas on one large complex...  Where local authorities placed the refugees .....

The kato.paphos event was not so much a riot but a football match argument that got out of hand .. I ve seen worse at a premier league game 

Break ins happen all over and Cyprus is no different but in all honesty breakins tend to happen in known tourist rental areas ..quick turnover they watch and learn when you go out then do the job . In for the quick burgle lightweight items cash and jewelry

Some friends of friends who went to a wedding venue in the Paphos district had their wedding cash box stolen ....not refugees  but local wedding planners arrested...and then within 24 hrs the grooms father rented holiday villa was done too ..suspected links to taxis...... Tip if ordering a taxi do it from somewhere else and not your home ... Especially important not to use the same firm for the return journey... And drop yourselves off somewhere near your home but not your home....  At least until you find a trustworthy firm
How sure are  you.that the breakin took place...it's not unheard of for a rental to be cancelled with an excuse then re rented to someone else at a much higher rate....
Just driven through Emba village centre 5 minutes ago, looks very peaceful, people in the bars and strolling around, didn't spot any refugees. I'd agree with Toon's last post, it sounds suspicious to me
@Toon to be honest I think the person we booked with was very helpful, she rang me to say that there were 4 townhouses broken into and security couldn't do anything to stop it. She was very upset by it all , I suppose she could have spun us a yarn but it didn't seem that way
Thanks as usual for your advice, especially with the taxi's
These things happen .. it doesn't mean its a bad area really ....  Glad you got sorted out though... Enjoy
@alisonrich1958
I asked my Friend who is Cypriot living in the Limassol area and he said it was localised to one small village and is not an issue at all.
Yes there are refugees / asylums seekers of various nationalities here but most are law abiding..  many are unfortunate to find themselves being bumped around from pillar to post .. like every nation there are bad eggs among them ... And some resort to crime some resort to violence ....

The Chlorakas incident was created and exacerbated by dodgy guys who decided they could rent the abandoned properties out without water or power...... Sadly some of these properties were very close to holiday homes and the problems overspilled .. Resulting in damages and in some spots violence.. the police settled things down made some arrests  and it has been quiet since