Anyone shipped house contents and/or a car to Cyprus?

Hi - as per title - interested in experiences/costs shipping household contents and or a UK car to Cyprus

Thanks

Jim

Can't advise on that one Jim as we sold the lot and bought what we needed when we needed it once we got here

I would check out Peter Morton removals (Favoured by many  right now as excellent reports recently)  and rss logistics for costs etc both these outfits can and do perform these things every day of the week

Also check out ANW cars paphos who specialize in  car transport

Cheers Toon

That's really what I am trying to work out - whether it's worth it to ship stuff over or not

Thanks for the references :)

Jim

when we shipped out of UK to Malta (2008) we sold everything too (needed to commit to the whole idea and it worked for us ) and bought cars in malta but never again will I buy a used car in malta and wont buy secondhand in Cyprus either... but i guess it depends on what you want ....  so if you have a good car check the import duties etc before committing to it  Morton and AWS will guide you .

then if you do move over bear in mind you will likely rent before buying for  upto 6-12 months then there are storage charges for your stuff to consider and you may find that the stuff you have brought over either wont suit the house or it just wont fit
more storing and selling to get the stuff you want and that fits and suits the property for your new lifestyle

Good luck

Thanks Toon - appreciate the advice

Jim