Should I move to Cyprus for work???

Hello expats in Cyprus! I really need your advice for my decision-making on wheather I should move to Cyprus (Limassol) for work. I am a Hong Kong Chinese girl (with British passport so I am a British expat too lol) and beening living in Germany for 4 years now, got my master degree here and been looking for work. It is very difficult to find a job in Germany that suits my qualifications and skills, as I have been looking for 7 months already. As I was browsing through the job portal for Chinese graduates in Germany, I found one financial company in Cyprus looking for gradautes with Chinese knowledge like me. I talked to the company employee also at the career day fair and the job seems very interesting. 2 weeks ago I had a Skype interview with them, and in 2 days I am going to have a second Skype interview. I am quite excited about the idea of moving to Cyprus and experiening a different culture. Here are the pros and cons I have summarized:

Pros:

-interesting job at an international company in the finance field
-want to gather more international experience in a different country
-attractive weather and scenary

Cons:

-the salary is not as high as in Germany, it is just barely enough to survice there on my own I guess (1500-1800 euro gross)
-a big risk to move to a new country not knowing anyone there?!
-communication problem without Greek knowledge? Not sure if only English is enough

I just talked to my mum on phone, she is totally against it and prefer me to work in Germany, or go back to Hong Kong...my German boyfriend also thinks it is a bad idea to move to Cyprus.

Could you guys give me some good opinions/advice for my situation? I will be really tempted to accept the job offer if they do give me one soon.

Cheers,

Hello Kitty

work is hard to find here

good luck with the interiews and hope you get it

life is easier if you ve got the job and a formal contract based offer in writing not just a promise!

1500 - 1800 euros per month is not bad at all and you can live ok on that (we are a couple in our late 50s and live well on about that sort of money) - accom here is very very cheap - see other topics for costs of living - the bulk of that would be tax free (you can earn €19500 pr yr tax free here) - ok you wil pay social security payments but you need that for heathcare cover

its a lovely country - beautiful in many senses of the words... laid back in many ways  - things dont always get done as fast as youd like but we love it.... it sure beats Malta and UK on lots of levels.....

as for the language not sure but i would have thought as its a financial position english would be universal...

others with more work / life experiences and knowldege may like to add

Thank you for the replies. I have decided not to move there after serious consideration and discussion with my family and friends...everyone I know is against. I will go back to Hong Kong for work if it does not work out in Germany soon.

Enjoy your life there. I am sure it is a great place for retired couples.

good luck