Legalisation steps (Marriage visa)

I finally got the approval of Belgium government that they allow me to marry

I'm currently gathering the papers and I done my search at forum about legalisation but no topic explain exactly the steps...

I made an appointment at the legalisation FOD Belgium department to have my annex 3Bis legalized

But now I'm doubting with this line...does that mean I need to bring the annex 3bis after legalized at FOD belgium to Iran embassy at Brussels to have them legalized too?

Or not...since the visa application will go through VFS (and Belgium embassy)? Then only Belgium FOD legalisation is enough?

This is written at Belgium FOD website

How can Belgium documents be legalised for use abroad?

as your document been legalised by the Legalisation Service of the Federal Public service Foreign Affairs? The embassy of consulate of the country where you want to use the document will then make the final legalisation. 

Below is a list of my papers I hand to VFS to help future forum membes to apply Visa C for marriage also

Fiancée as Iran citizen

* Passport (copy)

* Schengen application form with barcode (prints)

* 2 Identity photo's

* Shenasnameh (Translated English + legalized by Iran gov + Belgium embassy)

* Medical certificate

* Police clearance (Translated English + legalized by Iran gov + Belgium embassy)

My papers as Belgium citizen

* Annex 3Bis from city hall (Legalized)
- Income tax paper (copy)
- Bank statement (Prints)
- Salary slips (Copy)
- Work contract + paper of boss

* Marriage declaration + approval of government

* Identity Card + passport (copy)

* Proof of relationship (300 pages)

* Medical insurance (prints)

* Invitation letter of my father (prints)
- ownership of the house certificate (copy)
- My father identity Card (copy)
- Mutualiteit insurance papers of whole family (copy)

* Mutualiteit paper that I will take care of my fiancée

Hello,

You're mixing things, please read my previous message here to understand what a legalization is: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 19#5293495

There's no reason for you to go in the foreigner ministry to legalize your Belgian documents...
For an annexe 3bis, you can just go to the commune to legalize YOUR signature (and it costs 1€)

All your documents do not need to be legalized / apostile as the usage of the document is for Belgium only. You just need to make sure that all your official documents have been stamped by the commune, like any official documents you receive from them. (It's rare, but sometime they forget to do it)

But all the official documents (birth certificate, criminal record) from Iran must be legalized by Iran first, then the Belgian's embassy when you give the file to VFS.

Hello Alex,

thank you so much for explaining, it's weird I couldn't find your previous message since I use search button and I check all message's but thank you for explaining again

I'll keep this topic update with any of my future update so people can get extra info when they applied marriage visa C

Small update on my steps 

- I got most of my papers applied at my city hall friday and will recieved the needed papers within 2 weeks 2705.svg

- I tried making an appointment with VFS but can't select any dates since it said "There are no open seats avaible for selected center" 274e.svg
I heard that spots will be released at certain days for next month, so I guess patience and log every day to check for empty spots 1f62b.svg
Another small update & issue

- I got all my papers that I need to require

- Able to make an appointment with VFS for next month (yaay)

Issue

- I just got AXA schengen insurance last thursday and got the documents sended by them...I noticed I did a mistake...at the "country of residence" of my Fiancée...I putted "Belgium" because I though I need to put Belgium since it's the country where she will be staying with me...

But Iran wasn't an option since apparantly, that country is not in their option list
I email them friday morning but no reply nor they have a phone to contact them...

Should I cancel the insurance? I actually cannot find any insurance that contain Iran
Axa usually replied within 2 to 3 days, and it is refundable if you're going to cancel your insurance policy, you just have to tell them your policy number and your name.
@Avalu

I used [link under review]. It is worth it to check if that works for you. At least Iran is in their list. Good luck!

@Avalu I am now waiting for my results (Visa C for marriage) I applied Feb, so hopefully soon can get my result

@ rhea seranado, I hope you get a quick result too

For me, I would still need to apply for it next following month
Optimistically I would hope at end of summer
Pessimistically...last couple months of the year

But right now,I just cancel my AXA schengen visa insurance since "Country of residence" isn't Belgium but Iran so that would cause my applying a huge delay if we found out after we applied for it...
Well good luck🙂
After fixing my schengen visa insurance with another company...I read that couple people their visa got rejected due too low financial meaning...one person even able to put 12.000 EUR at a closed bank account as deposit...

Now i'm starting to worry since I only have 6.000 euro at my Belgium bank account ...
and my fiancée will apply for a visa C for marriage in 2 weeks
I'll be her guarantor with annex 3bis (i'm EU citizen)
And she will be living at my place
Will her visa get rejected also due not enough financial meaning?
Or Reunion visa is different compare to visa C for marriage?

my current financial situation is
- I live rent free at my father house with 5 bed rooms (my father wrote a letter for acknowledge)
- I earn only 2400-2500 EUR a month but it's a steady job (almost 10 years)
- Only have 6000 EUR at my bank account
It's not a question of how much money you have on a bank account for a family reunion / visa to get married.
The law states that you've to prove that you've regular, sufficient & stable income.
Meaning working for more than a year (tax return document) and you get more than 1750€/month in 2022.
So easy in your case.
Thank you for explaining alex, your advice is always appreciate a lot 1f64f.svg
Documents will be sended very soon since I have all completed but waiting for begin of next month so I can add my newest payslip & bank statement
Sigh...ofcourse there is always an issue that I noticed too late...I saw that her visa agent who filled in the schengen form putted at my fiancée schengen visa papers 91 days instead the maximum 90 days

Schengen application form
20 augustus 2022 till 18 november 2022 (91 days)

and travel insurance is 20 augustus 2022 till 17 november (90 days)

So its 1 day more then allowed and it doesn't match with the travel insurance 1f644.svg

She went to VFS already...
I think she can go to the vfs quickly so maybe she can give a new application form  if possible.  Or maybe she can ask the vfs what's the best thing to do.
I sended her a txt message but I'm not sure if she able to read it...saying she should correct it with a pen the dates since I saw this at VFS website

Printout of your completed visa application form
Only small manual amendments to this form will be accepted at the visa application centre

So I though maybe she can adjust the date at the printed paper to correct as the travel insurance date (90 days) with a pen
send an email to the embassy to state that there's an error.
Obviously they'll immediately know that it's impossible to receive a 91d visa C, but just state it's a mistake from VFS
Thank you both1f64f.svg
My fiancée used a pen and correct 18 to 17 November before she handed the papers
So it match the travel insurance dates

Hopefully that's good enough since it's visaonweb that the agent filled in for us, so we can only change it at the papers she handed in to the vfs.

We can't change online at visaonweb itself since we don't have access on it

These last couple weeks are getting me more gray hairs then the last 5 years …
For a mariage visa, as long as you're working in Belgium for more than one year and you gave your work contract + yearly tax document from SPF Finance + your Myrent certificate if you rent or your ownership document + schengen insurance 90d + mutualitée/ziekenfond, you're fine.

What will really matter is the interview + the cover letter you've written + all the proof that you know each other that you've given them.

Are you doing a grey/white wedding or are you honest. That's all it matter to them.
Don't forget to have a look at the common "interview visa question" and to make sure you both state the same.
It's pretty fun to do too (favorite singer, best friend name, mother/father/brother/sister name, job, where does he/she live, money, when/how did you meet, sport, music, etc...) Daily common question that means you know each other, so easy!
If you're a real couple, you just can't fail! But still, it's fun to train together :)
We didn't had a cover letter...1f625.svg never heard of it till you mention it now

What my fiancée gave today to VFS is

* Relationship file (300 pages front & back)
- Introduction (explaining our story how we met, experienced & future plans)
- random Chats from start till now (each month)
- Call logs
- pictures of trips / meetings
- hotel / flight / shopping tickets
- any extra's like valentines, birthday, etc

* marriage declarations
- 7 months old one & renewed one
- papers of Belgium ministry that conduct investigation at our marriage to see if it's real
- paper of Belgium ministry who give us positive approval for marriage

* Payslips
-  All 2021 payslips
- 2021 Tax papers
- 2022 Payslips (Jan - Feb - March - April)
- Bank statements 3 months
- My work contract indefinitely
- Statement of my boss who claim I work at his firm for +8 years

* Mutualiteit / ziekenfonds
- CM attest gezinshereniging for me & my fiancée
- CM attest to proof my whole household is insured

* Annexe 3bis

* Schengen insurance 90 days

* Schengen application form
- She edit the exit date so it's not same as the one we input at visaonweb

* real estate
- Copy of ownership of the house
- Statement of my father who approve my fiancée can live at our place
- Copy of my father ID card

* Her birth certificate / Criminal record
- legalized & translated

* Medical exams
- translated

* Copy of both passport
You did the relation ship history / introduction, so that's fine / the minimum.

The rest seems fine, so no need to worry much!
Actually...the VFS did not accept her papers last week

They have an issue with her vaccination proof which shows only her booster shot and not her 1&2nd dose. (It's a bug at their system)
And to ask the ministry of healthy to fix the issue at Iran is impossible.....My fiancée showed her vaccine card with stamps at the VFS employee but the person said it's not valid proof.

Apparently you NEED to be vaccinated or show website proof (even a card with your name / dates / which vaccine is not good enough) for visa C for marriage

So right now, we are clueless how to fix it
After contacting Belgium embassy and Belgium government which they both said that we can hand in the documents to VFS without the vaccination proof, so they fixed a new VFS appointment for today.

But then the same VFS worker came and said he won't accept the papers... even after showing the e-mail of the Belgium embassy, he reject it.

Claiming the rules of no vaccination proof only applied for visa D and not for visa C "marriage"
Although my fiancée is vaccinated but it only show 2nd dose

After nearly 40 minutes of explaining and refusing to leave, he finally accept the documents1f644.svg

Although he did not take all the papers (real estate & mutualiteit) because they were not on his VFS list
Or some he only take 1 instead 3 copies as written... (relationship file)
He also reject to take the cover letter that I prepared

My fiancée asked if he could take atleast one and he snapped at her saying he will put rejection at the visa application if she said one more word1f62d.svg

But eventually the application is accepted for now...hopefully the vaccination issue won't come and bite us...

Not sure if she will have an interview since the marriage declaration is already approved by Belgium government (which we gave the approval together with the marriage declaration, THAT he do take when it's not written on his list)

But I guess no new update on this topic for a while till all papers arrive from VFS to Belgium embassy (2-4 weeks?) or Belgium DVZ (if they send straight to Belgium instead...)
Hi, I only had 1st and 2nd dose of Sinovac, and the vfs never ask me that vaccination proof, but during my interview 4days after I lodge my docs, I asked them if sinovac is accepted without a booster yet, and also I asked at the Belgium Embassy if booster is needed and they said it's fine if no booster yet as long you provide a negative RT-PCR.
Interesting, so for applying the visa itself it's not required (as suspect after reading at another topic of India vaccination)
but only need to provide a negative PCR test 24-48 hours within arrival at Belgium

Yes,my fiancée got 1 & 2 dose of sinopharm but it only register her second dose.
So at the medical file, it written "2nd dose sinopharm" and 1st dose is nowhere to be found...but it's a no brainer that IF you got 2nd dose...you got a first one 1f644.svg

4 days after giving the documents,you already got your interview?
I read from other people post,that it takes 2-3 weeks for VFS diplomatic bag to arrive to either Belgium or Belgium embassy...

My interview at Belgium took 3 months after city hall applying..but I guess embassy works faster
What about the vaccination card? That shows her first and 2nd vaccination.
Her online vaccination proof shows only 2nd dose
test.jpg

She show this card to the VFS worker but he said they won't accept due it's written at Farsi

(It shows 2 vaccine at different dates)
dfsd.jpg
dfsd.jpg

And that vaccine card (the link was broken at last post)
That's sound complicated, but good luck to your application.
Oh, it's not complicated

I mean at the card that got stamped, it shows that she got 2 vaccination

And the 2nd dose match the online proof except online proof doesn't show her 1st dose due a bug (which some people have that too)

The date of 2nd dose match the online vaccination proof also
Her national ID is written at the vaccination card which is exact same.

Except the 1st dose is nowhere to be register while she did got it.