Current permanent residence processing time

Hi guys,

Could you pls share here the processing time of your permanent application (card D - L)?

Thanks

I am also joining to know the timeline. It would be helpful if some one who applied for Permanent residence provides us with the latest timelines

Mine was passing the deadline.

Hello,

you'll have an average of 5-6 months (without extra check from the deputy prosecutor) :cheers:

My deadline passed (6 months). I went the next day and got my L card.

Commune told 5 months and I got L card on first day after completion of 5th month

They normally let it pass the deadline (indeed, if all requirements met) as there is no point to hurry up :)

Dears, I would like some help here on PR processing time as well.

I am residing and working in Belgium since 2016. Clearly more than 5 year mark for PR.

While I resided in 1000 commune, I had applied for PR by mail around April 2022. They wrote to me back that my request had been filed and I will need to wait 5/6 months.

Later we moved around Nov 2022 to Schaerbeek commune. After having settled, last month I wrote a mail to Schaerbeek commune forwarding them the filed request by 1000 commune and asking if I can get my PR since  the wait is clearly longer since April 2022. Didn't manage to get a reply. After two weeks Recently I went over to ask in Schaerbeek commune about it. The clarifications desk person inserted my current single permit valid till July 2022 and said he doesn't see any reply from ministry and suggested I should wait for it or apply for single permit renewal before my card expiry date.

Now I am confused. I wanted to avoid the whole process of applying for another single permit for three years when I know I could be eligible for PR.

What must I do now. Could you please help with your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Dears, I would like some help here on PR processing time as well.
I am residing and working in Belgium since 2016. Clearly more than 5 year mark for PR.
While I resided in 1000 commune, I had applied for PR by mail around April 2022. They wrote to me back that my request had been filed and I will need to wait 5/6 months.
Later we moved around Nov 2022 to Schaerbeek commune. After having settled, last month I wrote a mail to Schaerbeek commune forwarding them the filed request by 1000 commune and asking if I can get my PR since the wait is clearly longer since April 2022. Didn't manage to get a reply. After two weeks Recently I went over to ask in Schaerbeek commune about it. The clarifications desk person inserted my current single permit valid till July 2022 and said he doesn't see any reply from ministry and suggested I should wait for it or apply for single permit renewal before my card expiry date.
Now I am confused. I wanted to avoid the whole process of applying for another single permit for three years when I know I could be eligible for PR.
What must I do now. Could you please help with your suggestions.

Thanks in advance
-@aquajack22

Hi,

Are you posted here or your employer resides in Belgium.

its weird that you applied by mail in Bru 1000. I must apply in Feb 22 in person and its not possible to send via mail. I got one automatically in Jul 22 after the deadline passed. There was indeed a receipt indicating that I would need to wait until xx Jul 22 and if I hear nothing then I just comeback with the receipt to the commune and ask for the L Card directly.

indeed, I came to the population office of the commune with the receipt when it passed the deadline and they just make an L card for me the same day with no question.

the receipt is very important as it also allows you to stay when your card expires as your application is in progress

as you applied in Apr, if I were you, I would come to Bru 1000 commune and would ask for the L Card directly in Sep. I am not sure why did not you ask for that before leaving to Schaebeek because you moved in Nov. That leaves you with frustrating things as now.

I would email Bru 1000 to ask for my application status. Wait for their response and follow-up from that response!

@Peterjohn123 Hey Peter, I have seen a lot of replies where you and others have said that you got the L card on the same day when you went after the deadline. What do you mean? Do they provide you a physical card on the same day? or they just submit an application to have the card made and then you have to wait for pin code and then you can pick it up?. Let us know.

@Peterjohn123 Hey Peter, I have seen a lot of replies where you and others have said that you got the L card on the same day when you went after the deadline. What do you mean? Do they provide you a physical card on the same day? or they just submit an application to have the card made and then you have to wait for pin code and then you can pick it up?. Let us know.
-@ARMaliq

It impossible to have something done automatically.

so its not possible that you have them made your card after the deadline passed.

you, as an actor, need to trigger a request.

the fact that you apply for the permission of long term residency is not equivalent to an electronic card. If you are approved or they have no answer after the deadline, you are allowed to stay long term.

So an eCard is only a type of document that allows all parties access/verifies to the info electronically.

You, as an actor, NEED to ask for the L card your self based on that principle. You must also pay for that card and ofcourse, a less-than-6-month photo