EP approval Oct 2021

Hi,

Anyone applied EP on October and approved.
Just curious to know the approval time now.

My timeline is :

Request : 10 - Aug 2021
Rejected : 19- Aug -2021  (Reason : HR didn't attached mark list)
Appealed : 20-Aug-2021 ( Attached all education certificates)
Additional documents required : 24-Aug-2021
Submitted addition documents : 01-Oct 2021

Status is still rejected from first time. No update till now. Fingers crossed.

hakunamatata1 wrote:

Hi,

Anyone applied EP on October and approved.
Just curious to know the approval time now.

My timeline is :

Request : 10 - Aug 2021
Rejected : 19- Aug -2021  (Reason : HR didn't attached mark list)
Appealed : 20-Aug-2021 ( Attached all education certificates)
Additional documents required : 24-Aug-2021
Submitted addition documents : 01-Oct 2021

Status is still rejected from first time. No update till now. Fingers crossed.

Someone else's approval and their respective timeframes has no relation with your application. Clearly the HR made a mistake, then the ask for additional docs/ info again shows that HR is clearly not aware of what all goes in for a strong and precise application. It will ideally take 6-8 weeks as stipulated by MoM (sooner or delayed depends on the accuracy of the application).

Hi Shekhz,
Yes. HR first made mistake by not submitting marklist. This is the first time HR applying EP after a long time. Hence not aware of recent changes. The additional documents asked were company details like customers , turnover , bank details and my degree verification ,payslips , bank statements etc. It was a list of around 12 set of documents and we submitted all. Now waiting for outcome for last 21 days.
Hope will get approval. I am currently working in DP in same company. Trying to convert it to EP.

anyone knows if employer incremented our salary, they must report to MoM? I was paid X amount, and then incremented to Y amount. My prospective employer promised 45% hike from Y amount, that's why I hope MoM knows about the Y amount. I dont have a payslip yet since increment is only this Oct and should I give my increment letter to submit with the application? Its marked as private & confidential so Im not sure if Im supposed to share it. thanks

karencaution wrote:

anyone knows if employer incremented our salary, they must report to MoM? I was paid X amount, and then incremented to Y amount. My prospective employer promised 45% hike from Y amount, that's why I hope MoM knows about the Y amount. I dont have a payslip yet since increment is only this Oct and should I give my increment letter to submit with the application? Its marked as private & confidential so Im not sure if Im supposed to share it. thanks

Few things,
1. You as an applicant don't have to update MoM or share the increment letter, pay slip etc
2. Employer can update the salary on MoM portal directly under your particulars (not necessitated), or do it when pass renewal comes up
3. Either ways, keep your letter and payslips handy, for any future jobs

Hi
My request got approved today.
Thank god :)

This forum was really helpful. Thank you all!

hakunamatata1 wrote:

Hi

This forum was really helpful. Thank you all!

Congrats!

Hi. I am an Indian national, working in Singapore for about 5 years with the same employer. Recently I got an opportunity with a new company which applied for my EP on 9th Nov, 2021. I have done undergrad and post grad from top colleges in India (Top 3 IIT and Top 3 IIM). Today I got an email from employer saying that MOM requested for more details on my application. They asked for my transcripts, which I didn't provide earlier since only degree certificates were mentioned. They also asked if I have been issued any work visa by any other country before (The answer is no).
I am taking a pay cut in this new opportunity because it provides more exposure and learning.

I am working in the financial services industry. My salary details are as below:
Current Base - 19k per month
New Base - 18k per month

I checked on EPOnline and my status was shown as "Rejected". I have provided all the documents to the employer and hopefully they will resubmit my application soon.
Could anyone throw some light on the following:
1. Shouldn't my status be "Additional documents requested", rather than "Rejected"
2. How long doesn't it take for an appeal to get processed.

My EP application is due for renewal in a month or so, so I am a bit worried.

So meaning you have applied to a new company?

You cantbrenew anymore your recent epass?

Sunny92 wrote:

1. Shouldn't my status be "Additional documents requested", rather than "Rejected"

It could be that they rejected it and expect these additional documents on appeal (which seems to be their new method - or at least you're not the first one encountering this).

Sunny92 wrote:

It doesn't take years - you will have the result earlier.
(But in case you meant "does": Read related threads on this forum to get an idea!)

Sunny92 wrote:

Renewals are easier, but if your degree authenticity is in doubt all bets are off.

Justin Justin38 wrote:

So meaning you have applied to a new company?

You cantbrenew anymore your recent epass?

I think that's how it works. Only one EP application can be active at any point of time. Also I am worried because the status shows "Rejected". Is it always the case that when MOM asks for more documents they put the status as "Rejected"?

beppi wrote:

Renewals are easier, but if your degree authenticity is in doubt all bets are off.

My degrees are pretty standard, and I have provided all documents now (degree certificates and transcripts). Both my institutes appear in the EP application form's dropdown menu. I am not much worried about the renewal. The worry is more on the new EP front and any potential clash in timelines.

beppi wrote:

It doesn't take years - you will have the result earlier.
(But in case you meant "does": Read related threads on this forum to get an idea!)

Lol. My bad. Thanks. Fingers are crossed!

hakunamatata1 wrote:

Hi

Congrats! One quick question! Did you submit your cv as well? In my case the new application was submitted on 9th November. MOM rejected the application asking for marksheets on 19th November. Employer submitted additional documents on the same day. It's been 2 weeks and the status is still rejected. I went through other forums and talked to some of my friends who got a new EP lately, and realized that cv is also usually required. My new employer hasn't asked me for any cv. So I am bit worried that MOM might reject it again asking for cv. Meanwhile my current employer has also asked for my documents for my EP renewal. I feel quite stuck.

Sunny: The CV was certainly part of your job application, so the new employer has and probably submitted it with the EP application.
But your current employer cannot renew your EP while the new application is ongoing. Bad timing!

beppi wrote:

Sunny: The CV was certainly part of your job application, so the new employer has and probably submitted it with the EP application.
But your current employer cannot renew your EP while the new application is ongoing. Bad timing!

Thanks beppi! I hope the cv has already been submitted! I am a bit suspicious because I think it was a bit irresponsible on part of the agency (and may be my part as well because I blindly trusted them) to not ask for my transcripts when MOM website clearly states that transcripts are required for Indian degree holders. That added a lot of unnecessary delay to my application, which could have been avoided.

Is the CV a necessary upload to complete the EP application from Employer's side? In that case it's still safe to assume that they have already submitted a copy of my CV from job application itself.

Sunny92 wrote:

I think it was a bit irresponsible on part of the agency (and may be my part as well because I blindly trusted them)

Yet another example of an agency screwing things up!
They are engaged for their promise of knowing how to do things, but in many cases they don't. A good HR does these things themselves.

One more question! My parents currently have an IPA as I applied for their LTVP (which is tied to my EP). They are planning to come to Singapore this weekend. Can I get their passes issued if a new EP application is already going? Is there a chance that my current employer gets to know about new EP application while trying to get my parent's passes from IPA. Sorry this doesn't look like the right thread for this question.

Sunny: LTVP or not, the current employer can ALWAYS see whether a new application is ongoing or not (they cannot see, however, who applied for it). I know that some employers regularly check the EPOnline status of their work pass holders - and place the illoyal ones on a "to be laid off first" list. That is the risk you take!
But to answer your questions: Of course you can get your parents' LTVP issued as long as your current work pass is still valid. But they will lose it when the new EP is issued (and thus the current one cancelled, together with all associated passes).

Sunny92 wrote:

Hi. I am an Indian national, working in Singapore for about 5 years with the same employer. Recently I got an opportunity with a new company which applied for my EP on 9th Nov, 2021. I have done undergrad and post grad from top colleges in India (Top 3 IIT and Top 3 IIM). Today I got an email from employer saying that MOM requested for more details on my application. They asked for my transcripts, which I didn't provide earlier since only degree certificates were mentioned. They also asked if I have been issued any work visa by any other country before (The answer is no).
I am taking a pay cut in this new opportunity because it provides more exposure and learning.

I am working in the financial services industry. My salary details are as below:
Current Base - 19k per month
New Base - 18k per month

I checked on EPOnline and my status was shown as "Rejected". I have provided all the documents to the employer and hopefully they will resubmit my application soon.
Could anyone throw some light on the following:

Hi guys! Just wanted to share my status. My EP got approved today. Summarizing my timeline below:
9th November - EP applied
19th November - Rejected (agency asked me for my transcripts)
13th December - HR called MOM to expedite
14th December - Approved

The forum was pretty helpful in understanding different timelines and the necessary steps. HR called MOM to expedite the process after I pushed them on 13th December, and I got the approval the very next day.

Some of the key learnings were:
1. Never blindly trust your agency. Cross check that you are submitting all the documents mentioned on the MOM website.
2. In case you are short on timelines, push the HR after 3 weeks to follow up with MOM. The application might just stay as a backlog and not getting reviewed at all (Just a hypothesis).
3. New applications are faster compared to appeals. So make sure that you are submitting everything properly in the first go, rather than letting your application get rejected and then appealing, because appeals would take longer to process. (again a hypothesis)