Marriage of a Mauritian to a filipino

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to marry my Filipino girlfriend in February 2022. I have searched a lot on this forum and official websites. But there is still some info am lacking and hoping you guys can help me out.

First the marriage visa, she will get it on arrival at the airport in Mauritius right?
I saw that its only a 30 days visa. So the return ticket should be booked for 30 days also?

Next she will stay here, so the return ticket will not be used, does emirate offer refunds or it will be lost.

Next is the required documents. I saw there is a validity required (3 month)
Let take the birth certificate for example, she has to get a new one from the PSA and then get it Apostille. Does the 3 month start from the day she got the certificate from the PSA or the day it is apostille.

Next if someone knows there is an NBI cleareance and a police clearance in Philippines. From my searching the NBI one covers everything. But which one is required in Mauritius?

Lastly when the marriage is done, can the residence permit be applied immediately?

Thanking you in advance

Hello,

How you doing? How did the wedding go?

Do you mind giving us feedback on the questions that you yourself had back in Oct 2021, as it might help myself and my fiancée. We have exactly the same questions as yours, and it'd help us tremendously to get feedback from someone who's already gone through it all. Right now we're very confused as to which is which, especially about the wedding visa. Should it be processed before she comes to Mauritius or after?

Hope that you're still around. Good day. 1f642.svg
@Vinreze
Hello Vinreze, hope everything went well. going to do the same soon. Can you tell me how you went about it?

thanks
Lenart

@John Maradona hello it should be process before.Then when they approve she come on the wedding visa

@John Maradona

Hello John, just wondering whether you managed to find out the requirements and if you mind sharing? Thanks

@lenarto Well, not yet. There's been contradicting answers that I got so far. Some are saying that we need to apply for the wedding visa prior to her travel, others are saying that she will be given a marriage visa on arrival to the airport in Mauritius. I've tried to get in touch with the Consulate of the Philippines in Mauritius, but quite unfortunately they said that they can't help me in this matter. Next, I turned to Immigration office where the officers told me that she will be given a wedding visa on arrival to Mauritius. The thing is, the airline has asked her to book a return ticket (just in case) and what's even more surprising, is that it's non-refundable even tho the return ticket will go to waste.

If anyone else can shed some light into our concerns, that would help us tremendously. Hoping to hear from a good samaritan. Good day.

Hello everyone,

1) Nationals/citizens of countries listed in the ninth and eleventh schedules of the Passport Regulations should apply and obtain a wedding visa prior to travel to Mauritius for the purpose of getting civilly married to a Citizen of Mauritius : Algeria, Comoros, Madagascar, Myanmar, Nigeria, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Lao, Libya, Mali, Pakistan, Palestine, Sahawari, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syrian Arab Rep, Yemen

2) The Philippines is not listed in the Ninth and Eleventh Schedules, which means that you can ask for marriage visa at the airport by informing the immigration officer the purpose of your visit.

3) For flights, you will need a return ticket. When you apply for marriage, there is series of documents you need to produce and verifications will be carried out. If the application is not receivable or requirements are not met, the foreign citizen (any nationality) will not be allowed to get married here and will need to leave the island at the expiry of the visa. 

4) Whether the flight ticket is refundable or not depends on the airline company.

Furthermore, laws are changing, the immigration Bill is expected to change and getting married here will be even more complicated. Have a look at the following thread : Immigration changes anyone able to translate and advise of new changes
@John Maradona Thanks John.
I spoke to a civil status office and he told me that the person needs to declare the intention of getting married at the airport. Have you figured out whether the certificate of character needs to be obtained at the NBI or a Police clearance is ok?

@lenarto So far, I've asked my fiancee to get both the NBI and Barangay clearance. But here's the thing; the Barangay clearance actually is more complicated to get than the NBI clearance. For the Barangay clearance, you need to get the mayor's clearance and police clearance and also the mayor's specimen. She's still waiting to get the Barangay clearance it's already been a week.

@Anou86 Hello. Thank you for the information. About point number 3) in your reply, you mentioned "When you apply for marriage..", are you referring to the publication of marriage or the wedding visa? Kindly clarify this for us please, thank you.

@John Maradona Civil status, publication of marriage.
Let us know how it goes for you

Have a nice day.
Anoushka

@John Maradona any good news yet? I am in Mauritius at the moment.