Ecuador Forum Addition

Could you add The Coast to Quito and Cuenca as a third Area choice?

We've already had 2 HGTV HHI episodes!

Susan
theoceanhideaway.com

Hello Susan!

Could you be more explicit please?

We already have Quito forum & Cuenca forum.

For the third area, could you explain.

Thank you,
Harmonie.

Certainly!
Quito and Cuenca are only two cities in the mountains of the Andes in the Sierra of Ecuador.
The entire Pacific coast is a culturally separate area, especially the southern end.  With Guayaquil, the largest city in Ecuador located 90 minutes from the coast; the entire area has become very popular with expats.  The newly formed Santa Elena Province on the Santa Elena Peninsula which includes the destination of Salinas and all the surrounding townships as well as the Ruta del Sol and the coastal towns of Montanita and Olon there is a lot of interest for this area.
Information that applies to Quito and Cuenca does not apply to the coast – temperature, environment, altitude, culture, housing, things to do, even air traffic.
The area is so popular HGTV's House Hunter's International has done two stories on the Salinas area alone and just finished a show on the Manta area further up the coast.
Even the folks who chose the coast over the mountains seem to be different!
If there is anything I can clarify in particular please let me know.  I have been here for over 3 years now and if I don't know the answer, I should be able to locate it for you, and translate to English if necessary.

Susan

Hi Susan,

So, you suggest us to add the Pacific coastal region of Ecuador such as :

Guayaquil
Salinas
Ruta del Sol
Montanita
Olon
Manta?

Thank you very much for this information.

Christine

You would need only add The Coast for now -- and it would cover the entire area :)

Meet expats all over the world

OR