Anyone need an English speaking AirBnB manager?

I am looking for work as a manager for absentee owners of airBnB in Sosua.
I am moving to Sosua once hired.

I commented in your other thread.

We pay our property manager $80/month, so you'd need to have quite a few properties to make a living that way! And if you don't also speak Spanish, you could have issues! Right now, many of the renters are Dominicans coming from the cities, and as a property manager, you will also need to interact with locals on any repairs and maintenance to the property.

And legally this isn't possible without residency or a work visa.

Hello.

I read your reply to the AIRBNB post. I speak Spanish.  I am both fluent in English and Spanish in case you or anyone you know of is looking for someone bilingual.

Thanks.

angelx wrote:

Hello.

I read your reply to the AIRBNB post. I speak Spanish.  I am both fluent in English and Spanish in case you or anyone you know of is looking for someone bilingual.

Thanks.

Do you have a cedula? Where are you located? Do you have experience in property management?

@ddmcghee Hello, I'm a different individual yet I'm still searching for a job in the same line of work. I have experience in Resevation and general management, I'm a polyglot (ESP-ENG-POR-JPY Mainly) and I deem this line of work interesting. I'm located in Argentina which is my native country, I don't have a Cedula since in Argentina uses the DNI/ID in instead.

Welcome to the forums. Without Dominican residency or a work visa you can't work here.

In this line of work it would take time to build up enough clients to sustain yourself. And working for someone else will mean very low pay!

@planner

Dear Planner,

This is really good information. Thanks

You are very welcome. I love to encourage people but also tell them reality!

I plan on relocating to Punta Cana as soon as I can figure out how to start my own freight forwarding business. Can you please provide a couple of small business options?  I have a degree in Logistics; I have worked for freight forwarding companies, and I process customs clearances (Import/Export business).  I can import shrimp, lobsters, and any type of fruit to the Dominican Republic from Ecuador, but I don't know where to start. Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

FYI I understand Spanish but I don't speak it; I am learning.

Thank you,

Marie

To start you will need a corporation and import license.  Then you can own the company but not work in it without residency and or work visa! 

Freight forwarding companies have competition so check them out! 

If you want more info you can respond to me. I will message your privately.