Singapore to disallow entry for all pass holders from India

and short-term visitors with recent travel history to India

Could you tell us the source of this information?
This is too important (and drastic) to write without proof.

Here it is, from the government mouthpiece:
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ … s-covid-19
If you are currently, or were during the last 14 days, in India, you must cancel your travel plans to Singapore. This applies to all travel, even returning long-term residents and those with approved entry permits (which are now invalid).
The article does not mention whether Singapore citizens or PRs who were in India are allowed to return.

Does this mean that those with their stvps expiring within the next few days will get extensions (upon application) on their passes based on the situation?

You need to call and check with ICA, on the exact protocol.

But in general, in such an instance- yes, if there are no flights (which I am assuming would come into play in this situation I.e the travel ban, the pass could be extended).

Sundarsuhas: There is no ban on leaving Singapore. Thus this new rule alone will not  allow you to extend your STVP.
But if, as a result of this, the airline cancels your booked flight, or all airlines cancel all flights, then you can get an extension because you cannot travel.

This ban is applicable to all LTVP, work pass holders, DPs, STVP and transit passengers who stayed in India in last 14 days.

Still PRs and citizens are allowed to enter Singapore after obtaining their arrival here will go additional 7 days home quarantine to existing 14 days quarantine.

So if anybody is trying to enter Singapore via Maldives, Sri Lanka, Nepal or any other route better avoid that. High possibility you may not get entry approval.

Hope situation in India improves so that Singapore Govts will review this temporary ban and wait until it lifts the ban. Good luck n stay safe.

I just got this message from the Singapore embassy:

Entry approvals will resume for fully vaccinated work pass holders and their dependents with travel history to higher risk countries or regions.

So there is hope for those of you from high risk countries waiting for entry approval with an approved work pass: Just get vaccinated and you will be allowed to move to Singapore!

Any update regards new fresh Epass approval form India..??

Mine was appealed against rejected EP application on May- 6th ... Still remains as pending...

Indrajith: Please note that this thread is about Entry Approval (for holders of approved work passes who want to travel to Singapore).
Your question about work pass approval is off-topic here. Please post it elsewhere - after checking whether it was already answered in one of the many other threads related to that topic!

Hi Beppi,

Thank you for posting this information. Do you know if there is an official announcement from MOM or ICA about this? Maybe a website or link to a post?

Thank you for your help.

Here you go, sharing it from my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gofzjcsot1nd … d.pdf?dl=0https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ … spore-from

Well, since I received it from the Singapore embassy in Germany, it must be official and confirmed. I also saw it mentioned on channelnewsasia. No idea whether the MoM or ICA webpages reflect it yet - I don‘t read those frequently.
Edited to add: Able^3 was faster than me and posted it from the government mouthpiece. Thanks!

Thank you for sharing!

This is the latest news from MoM. From July'21, the validity of in-principle approvals of all work pass holders, including those with Employment Passes, S Passes and Work Permits who are unable to enter Singapore due to border control measures, are to be extended by up to one year.

It depends on job specification and whether part of shortage of manpower like construction, marine shipyard industry and processing industry. They are even extending their work pass renewal automatically up to 2 years.

In last few months alone they brought more than 500 workers from India after they spent covid test and hotel quarantine. This is again statement from MoM.

rishab6sain wrote:

hope so the situation is normal now?

Far from it. Read the news!