Medic Alert System

My mother is an elderly person who lives in Mazatlan, El Centro area, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a medical alert system there. The type where she can wear a necklace that you push a button if you fall down and can't get up. She is 98 years young and lives by herself. Any info would be appreciated so much!!

cologal wrote:

My mother is an elderly person who lives in Mazatlan, El Centro area, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a medical alert system there. The type where she can wear a necklace that you push a button if you fall down and can't get up. She is 98 years young and lives by herself. Any info would be appreciated so much!!

Welcome to ex-pat Mexico cologal,

Mexico has a 911 type system but I have not heard of a medic alert system, I have observed a volunteer group that checks in on the elderly frail in my city. There have been several people here in their 90.s. I will ask around and see what I can find out,

ok cologal,

I checked and there seems to be something like that in Merida. They suggested you should check with
http://www.sanmartinclinica.com

I think you're out of luck. Unless you are in a big city, ambulance service at best is very basic. They do not have EMT's on board, so until you get to a hospital you might be dead.

@cologal There are systems like this available in certain Mexican cities. You would need to check with local doctors and medical providers in the area to find out. If your mother is non-Spanish speaking, I would highly recommend that you consider transferring her to a facility with 24/7 medical supervision.  This would be to ensure her safety and your own peace of mind.

Melanie