Best Mexico Golf Communities for young retired Expat Couple

My wife and I are a young retired couple from Canada looking to retire in a golf community in Mexico. We intend on golfing almost every day so a course that has annual memberships is a must. We prefer the areas that are up and coming or not as busy as the well established tourist communities.  Being reasonably close to a major urban centre for some modern conveniences would be desirable. We both enjoy being near the ocean but this is not an absolute requirement. We prefer a hot climate but are not fond of rain. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you!

Here in San Luis Potosi a large city of about 1.5 million in Central Mexico there are several country clubs with golf courses. The annul fee is about $6,000 to $10,000  US and to join costs about $15,000 to $25,000 US if they have an opening and the waiting list is not long after being sponsored by another member. Other posters on various Mexico Expat forums have stated similar experiences when trying to join an upper middle class country club. It appears they are priced differently here than in Canada or the US. Maybe Baja is different. If you buy in a guarded gated private community with a golf course I suspect you can pay to use the course without joining for a fee at some of them. I was interesting in joining one here but gave up the idea because of the high cost. The figures reflect an exclusivness that the social economic class system here upkeeps in my view. It also reflects the supply and demand as golf courses are fewer here in general.

Try the area between Cancun and Akumal. I personally recommend Puerto Aventuras, a gated community on the sea with great places to live, many adjacent to the golf course. I lived there for 7 years, and still visit sometimes, even though I live in the mountains. I was never a golfer, just a scuba diver who plays bridge.

Hi,

I Know this is an old post. But wondering if you found what you were looking for?

We are looking for the same.

Thanks