Athens Expats

Hello,
Maybe it's best not to admit this but I am at the distinct disadvantage of not speaking a word of Greek, nor do I have a Greek contact to fend for me in the world of real estate transactions (worse yet, I dont know any expats personally for such pointers)...  If anyone tried/tested and English-speaking comes to mind as far as real estate agent and lawyer, I would be most grateful to get details in a private message.  I think Id be looking more in the center of Athens, to buy.  Last I heard, I shouldnt expect this be an investment property, as it seemed to be more of a buyers market- but maybe my information is outdated.

Thank you,
Lily

Hi Lily,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I would advise you to have a look at the business directory :

- Real estate in Athens

Maybe you can get in touch with some of them and hopefully you will find an English speaking agency.

All the best,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Lily,I replied in a private message but by mistake I blocked you,sorry.I will try to unblock you.I hope my message was helpful.I will try again as I can give you the names,numbers of lawyer,symvoliographo and accountant,all are ladies and will not miss a pin in a hay stack,well seasoned professionals.You must tap in on line...houses for sale in Maroosi or Thisio...for example,whichever area you want,all the apartments come up and houses under lots of different agents,you will go through and pick out some you want to view and make the rendevous time and date to view.There are many  agents,dont pick the agent just the property you want to see,maybe when you phone ask for additional information about it.

Ho Lily

I would suggest that you write to Lydia **** who works for a reputable Real Estate Agency. Lydia is multilingual and has lived in many countries. She's an honest and very friendly person. I think she would be your ideal contact.

Good Luck to you,
Vasilis

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : please do not post contact details on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you so much,  Vasilis.  So greatly appreciated.  I will be sure to connect with her.

Thank you, Concertina!  Any suggested websites?
I will definitely look out for your recs on trusted people to work with as well.