We are looking for accommodation somewhere safe to walk around

Hi,
Although we aren't moving to Greece full time it may change in the future.
We are looking for accommodation for 2months at the end of the year and are wondering where is the best suburb to stay. We'll be renting an apartment and would like somewhere which if safe to walk around during the day shop and restaurants etc. We have a very active toddler as well. Does anyone know of any play groups?
Thanks for any info.
Regards,
Bel.

Hi Bel,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Athens Forum for better visibility and more interaction :)

I suggest you post an advert in the section Flats for rent in Athens please as it might help :)

Best wishes !

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thank you for your help.
I think we've got a apartment sorted already.
Can't wait to get there.
Cheers,
Annabel

Hi Bel,

I very highly recommend the following areas that I'm confident you will be very happy in and will also cater for your daily needs and your child.

North Athens: Kifissia, Kefalari, Politia & Maroussi.

Personally I would recommend Kefalari & Kifissia [neighbouring areas]  very highly as there are plenty of shops, restaurants, kintergardens and it's also very green.

Though do bare in mind Kifissia is not a cheap place to live but I pressume rent prices will be lower then normal due to the economy so maybe you will find a nice apartment for a good deal.

Very safe [like most of Athens to be honest!!!] to walk around and there a few parks nearby which your child will enjoy a lot.

Ok hope this has helped!

Costas