Health insurance

Good morning. I have a question about the healthy insurance in cyprus. Until this month my father was working, but at the beginning of March he lose his job because they don't was needed any more people. If now he is not working how will be with the gesy ? Because next month he will have 2 majors chirurgical operations and i'm afraid he will don't have insurance anymore. Can i go somewhere to can pay for him ? Thank you .

I would suggest you contact both GESY and the Social Welfare department to check your  fathers healthcare entitlements

I guess that once your father was unemployed he should "sign on" at the unemployment office and as such your father may still be covered by his social insurance contributions - but it may only be for a limited time...

Where i can find this office ? Thank you.

Try googling it as I am in paphos and dont know Larnaca

Okay , thank you

Hi any advice would be appreciated please, We are hoping to come and live in Cyprus later this year but are unsure of health insurance needs as we won't be retiring age for another couple of years. Can anyone recommend an insurance company that can give us a good deal
Many thanks Alison

Health insurance of any great value is very expensive....

I would suggest you get quotes from
Abbeygate
Top Quotes
Status Insurance
Pacific
Atlantic

And do the comparisons of cover

Toon do you know if it's a problem with receiving monthly medications on prescription for an existing condition, my husband had a heart attack in 2020 and we were wondering how that works
Many thanks. Alison

Not sure to be honest do you live here are you resident are you in gesy

No we are planning to move out this year , been looking at health insurance and it's very expensive although we know it's a Necessity that we have to have in place before living in Cyprus.
We are coming over late April to look at some properties, hopefully we could find something out then.

We bought private health insurance last summer. You have to declare all of your pre-existing conditions (ie heart condition) and supporting medical files, which was a bit intrusive. If you don't have them already, it's a good idea to get them from your doctor's office at home to be prepared.

You will not be covered for costs associated for any pre-existing conditions. We used Insurance Link and they are reasonable.

Many thanks for your reply, any information is extremely helpful
Kind regards Alison

It's probably a long shot but there is no harm asking your existing Health Insurance Provider if they will cover u while living in Cyprus.

I have heard of some insurance companies that offer this service as the cost of medical intervention is often cheaper than at home therefore saving them money. No harm checking it out .

Good idea Jake

Thank you, Jake