MUKW1 card health insurance

Hi all,

Does anyone know if I need to renew my annual private health insurance as part of MUKW1 card. I only got the insurance last year as part of the application and it is around 175 a year to renew.

Just wondering if I can get away with not renewing it this year or will I have difficulties renewing the card in five years without it.

Many thanks

It's is a legal requirement of your temporary residency visa permit that you maintain your healthcare cover which includes repatriation costs..

If you choose not to do so then be aware that your residency can be revoked

On the basis you had to have it I assume you are not state pensioned and you are not working...  This you are probably here on a cat f self sufficient residency basis so private healthcare cover is mandatory

Thanks, this clears things up, I will get it renewed. I am of working age, not pensioned and not working in Cyprus.

Cat F residency is a retiree visa I thought?

It is .... As well as self sufficient and disallows working

Thanks Toon. MUKW1 is a temporary residence permit? I was not aware of that. Also, does it allow you to work? I was with Melanie before but it is difficult to get this information from anywhere reliable,

@sakers82 This may help a bit but you have to research more for the regulations which allow you to work

https://crpg.com.cy/living-and-working- … residency/

Not sure depends if you applied under catagory F self sufficiency then no working is allowed

@Toon interesting topic, we have our MUKW1 which expires in 2027. We took out healthcare cover to apply but now are pensioners and registered with GESY. Does that mean that we do not need to renew our cover?! Or do we need to keep it up due to the repatriation clause? Not that we ever want to go back to the UK!

Under S1 that will cover your healthcare.... Not so sure about the repatriation .... but it is a requirement that you have cover for that in case of an event that requires repatriation. Unless of course you have sufficient funds to cover it should you need to be repatriated.. they are basically covering their bases that Cyprus won't be held responsible for those costs..

@sakers82 MUKW1 IS TEMPORARY RES... MUKW3 IS PERMANENT RES.

You are obliged to apply for MUKW3 on a completing 5 years legal residency

Hi can anyone give me some advice please.  I have recently purchased my property in Cyprus and stayed there over the New Year for one week.  As I do not have temporary residency yet but will be applying for it shortly, I will be staying for 90 days from end of April to end July.  What health insurance do I need to cover me for repatriation and any other medical mishaps.  Do I need a 90 day insurance from the UK or medical cover from Cyprus.  I am over retirement age.  Thank you.

Much depends on what route you take for residency ....cat F, residency by Investment, Pink slip, If you are retired and have UK state pension you should apply for your form S1 and that will cover you for healthcare.... If you haven't got that then private healthcare cover can be arranged for as cheap as €200 each per yr it's limited cover and includes repatriation but is accepted by immigration..

NB    Please be aware some non cyprus private healthcare providers and policies don't get accepted by immigration.