Ambulance services

For those who may be unaware there is a limited ambulance service here.

Most government ambulances are plain and simple taxi services - they are not staffed by paramedics

but there is a private ambulance service run by a couple of british fully trained paramedics called Phoenix Ambulance Services and they are run on the basis of a subscription service

prices start at €10 per month and rise depending on age - they will even call at your home so that the address and route can be logged.....so no way they can get lost trying to find you in those emergency situations that may beset us all 

They have an entry on the sunshine radio cyprus web pages - directory .

Here is the website for Phoenix Ambulance Service - http://www.ambulancecy.com/

In addition there is a nursing service that covers most of Cyprus who also work along side Phoenix Ambulance in Paphos district - http://sunshinecarerscyprus.com/

cheers for that

just as a warning  - i am hearing some disturbing stories about this company - if they are true - i dont know - so due diligence is the order of the day  - maybe only go by personal recommendation... for now anyway

point taken toon, i think it is a poor reflection on cyprus especially in 2015 being in the e.u. that paramedics are not manning the ambulances.

totally agree - have heard stories today of staff not getting paid, staff not being paramedics and simply EMTs only  and if not registered theyre not covered... vehicle troubles too so i think we must be wary - it may of course be sour grapes  - who knows  - i dont so id say caution is paramount

It is a shame - as i initially thought wow  -somebody showing some initiative and spotting a whole in the services that can be filled easily......

The post that is being referred to was published on Facebook by a relative of an ex - employee.  The post has now been removed. The post was published by a relative on an ex Phoenix employee, who had access to her Facebook account.

There is an ongoing feud and the majority of what was published is false and was published to damage the reputation of Phoenix Ambulance.

As is quite often the case, why let the facts get in the way of a good story

I do hope you are right as health is a primary concern for many - especially the older persons who are more likely to require such  service...

but the watchwords still are "due diligence"

It seems that this report may have been unfounded...and that the founders of the services have come out and reported on the issues at hand  - so i would suggest that if anyone has concerns about the stories they get in  touch with Phoenix directly...