UK Passport Renewal

My child 5 years old travel to Vietnam and stuck there with his grandmother because pandemic . Unfortunately, his passport will expired soon . I contacted passport office in Uk , they told that I need apply from abroad ( Vietnam ). But staff in British embassy recommended that “ all the passports are issued in uk “ I can apply in Uk  for my child and then send it by courier for Him . It is quicker if I apply in Uk . But why passport office help line told me that I need apply through Embassy . Does anyone know what reasons Pls !

Hi Tramy duong,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post in the Vietnam forum since you have posted on an inactive thread.

Here you might get responses from our members more quickly.

All the best,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Priscilla wrote:

I have created a new thread with your post

May I suggest that you re-title it as UK Passport Renewal as it seems that his problem is almost unique to UK citizens whose government seems to treat them rather poorly with respect to consular services.

When I renewed mine, it was a surprisingly painless process.

Go here: https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports and followed all the prompts.

Then email the HM Passport Office in HCMC to arrange a "submission appointment".

The HCMC office is at

Resco Building 5th Floor,
94-96 Nguyen Du Street,
Ben Nghe Ward, District 1,
Hochiminh, 70000 Vietnam

Ironically, the turnaround time for renewing a UK passport whilst overseas seems to be far quicker than doing it in the UK.

@GuestPoster71 may I know how long it took for your new passport to arrive?

@GuestPoster71 may I know how long it took for your new passport to arrive?
-@Zappyzap

I am certainly not authoritative on such things but I believe posters are redesignated as "GuestPoster[nn]" when they are banned from the forum but their prior posts need to be left up to maintain the structure of the thread.   In fact the offense that led to banning may have even been on another thread.   That means that he can't effectively reply even if he reads your question.

My UK passport was replaced very quickly.  If I remember correctly, just 5 days. The only problem was the way the process worked in the Resco Building in HCM.

Hello everyone,

I believe posters are redesignated as "GuestPoster[nn]" when they are banned from the forum but their prior posts need to be left up to maintain the structure of the thread

Please note that GuestPoster is used when an account has been deleted. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team