Close

can foreigner buy farm land in VIetnam

Hi ,

Is anyone has any idea whether a foreigner is allowed to buy farm land in Vietnam ? Do they sell as per acre or per square meter?

Generally, what is the price in term of  per acre or per square meter.

Frank

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum + information should be shared on the forum itself.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I don't know how long Tamnguyen79's post will remain unmoderated but I think you can be pretty sure it is not by acre.  I thought the US was the only outlier in that respect.  Does Singapore use acres? 

I am not sure even Vietnamese can truly own farmland at least over a certain size.  What most have is basically a life lease.  An average price would be impossible as there are so many different types and quality differences.   There is prime rice land in Long An, coffee farms in Dak Lak, or sandy rubber tree lands in Binh Duong, north of HCM.  Are you interested in farming or speculation?

I had a similar plan, to buy a small house or house plot in Vinh City!

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Advertising. Please register in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am more  interested to buy a small piece of farm land to plant vegetables and fruits. Sorely for my own interest and not for speculation

same here was looking to buy at least 400 square meters of cheap land and build a 50 square meter house on it around Bien Hoa. Preferably near Nga Tu Vung Tau.

Hard to find land to buy when they don't have a centralized database for all sales or real estate agents. In Canada everyone is a real estate agent lol.

I seen hectares used for those big plot of lands developers buy.

Before you buy land you have to check the zoning for that land. Farm lands from what I hear you can't build monster houses has to be small. But each city and district have their own zoning specifications for land so best check before buying what are your land limitations.

So you guys are sure that a foreigner can buy land whether it is residential or farm land? :D
Can you please post the article which shows that? Thanks in advance!

:top:

Vietnamese gov law is not yet allow foreign own property in Vietnam unless you share with someone you trusted

Expatriate health insurance in Vietnam

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam

Find tips from professionals about moving to Vietnam

Travel insurance in Vietnam

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Vietnam

Flights to Vietnam

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Vietnam