Medical Cert for OFWs - Do I need DOH, DFA & Embassy authentication?

Hi All!

I hope there are some Filipinos here who can give me the best advice of acquiring my Medical Cert requirement for Work Permit in Vietnam.

I am under a manpower agency here but it seems they too are still new to the process and couldn't  guide me properly so i opted to post this here. (It's a long story but we are initially informed to be direct hires but then because of changes in POEA rules, we now have to go through a manning agency)

As of now, I am just waiting for my docs to be processed in Vn (Foreign Affairs Dept and Stamp in Ph Embassy) to submit to POEA so that I can get my OEC. It was unfortunate though that it's taking so much time than what is expected.
Actually, the initial target was for us to move to Vn on 2nd week of Jan 2018 but to this date, still waiting.

My employer is also kind of annoyed already to the agency because just this day, we were given a late info by the agency that we need to authenticate my Medical Certificate first to DOH, then to DFA (Red Ribbon) and finally to Vn Embassy. btw, my medical cert from a POEA accredited clinic was issued about 2 or 3 weeks ago. All other requirements are all ready except this one.

Btw, from the list that the agency emailed this morning, it says that that Medical Certificates as part of Work Permit reqts should be issued from a selected Vn hospitals OR a Ph Hospital but need to undergo the authentication as mentioned earlier.

My question now is this, Is it possible to just take another medical exam in Vietnam when I get there so that I don't need to undergo this authentication process which will mean not just possible delays but also additional expense on our side.
My employer wants us (3 were hired) to be in Vietnam the soonest because the delays are also affecting their project plans for this Fiscal Year.

Hope you could help me with this.
TIA.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

You can (and you should) do the Health Check from one of those selected hospitals here in Vietnam.
In that case you won't need any authentication or legalization etc. You can submit the medical report/certificate (usually bilingual) directly to the Dept. of Labour, for your WP. It's easy.

Most (if not all) expats do the same to get their WP health certs.

All the best!

Hi senwl.

That was a quick one and Thanks! :)

That was exactly what I was telling my agent this morning but to my surprise she kept on insisting that we have to do the authentication here in PH. She even told me that "okay, do whatever you think is right, but do it at your own risk!" My point in telling her that was just to verify if my interpretation was correct. It was clearly stated on the reqts list that it can either be in Vn OR Ph (but need to authenticate if in Ph).

Anyways, I believe you.. :) Because I've also worked in UAE before and I had to repeat my Med.Exam there that is why I had the idea  that we can also take it in Vietnam. I think the same thing goes as in any other host country.

I will just inform the HR directly about this and see from there.

again, Thank You!

Hello VNNoob

Yes i think it's ok if you can have your medical here in VN as you dont need it in getting the OEC from POEA.

but while waiting you can ask DOH how long it will take to Authenticate it and maybe they have a express service. and for Red Ribbon you can do it 1 day only for 200 pesos. if you can finish it before you leave, then you can have it stamp here in Vietnam.

Hi Allan Gem!

Right now, we are waiting for HR's response if they will require us to repeat the medical exam in Vietnam. If not, your suggestion is another option we can consider. Thank You!