Permanent visa after getting marriage in Brazil

Hello,

I am going to get marriage in Brazil with citizen of Brazil and I would need your help please.

Is it possible to get permanent visa immediately after getting marriage? Do I need to go to Policia Federal for this? It is important for me to get job ASAP when I will be there already.

Do you know if I need some documents to apply for it and how long it takes for me to get it and to be able to start job in Brazil please?

I would be grateful for any information and for some sources where I could read more.

Thanks!

Mravy wrote:

Hello,

I am going to get marriage in Brazil with citizen of Brazil and I would need your help please.

Is it possible to get permanent visa immediately after getting marriage? Do I need to go to Policia Federal for this? It is important for me to get job ASAP when I will be there already.

Do you know if I need some documents to apply for it and how long it takes for me to get it and to be able to start job in Brazil please?

I would be grateful for any information and for some sources where I could read more.

Thanks!

Mravyf
"Immediately", No. Go to the BR Consulate/Embassy site in your country for all information required. Get all the documents translated, by a sworn translator. get fingerprinted and have your Federal Police Agency do a background check (This can not be over 90 days old when presenting all documents to the PF office near you.
Have your bride to be, go to the PF and get a checklist of documents required, PF is backlogged currently and to be honest, not getting better due to COVID. I take time for the process. So once married and it is registered go to the PF and it begins.
After approval and receiving your CRNM to then can apply for your work card.
How is your Portuguese? Brazil hires Brazilian's first. Wages are fairly low.
Wish you the best,

I understood. My portuguese is intermediate. I think enough to live in Brazil. Maybe not so fluent and not with advanced dictionary though. But learning everyday :)

Thank you so much for all the information. I am grateful.

Well, you can get by as I do, but for most jobs, you need to be proficient.
Best of luck

Dear friend , to get married in a notary are the list of documents if you are single ,in case you are divorced the documents are different.
Foreign
Documents required for registration

All foreign documents below must be: Apostilated, by an official organ of that country or legalized at the Brazilian Consulate or Embassy in the country of origin of the certificate; Translated by a Sworn Public Translator in Brazil, the signature of the Translator being recognized in a Notary's Office; Registered, in a Registry of Titles; (our registry office has this assignment)
1. Singles and over 18 years old
a) Birth certificate;

b) Declaration of marital status and no impediment to the marriage provided by the Embassy or Consulate of the bride and groom with the Consul's signature legalized at the Foreign Ministry; (General Coordination of Privileges and Immunities? C.G.P.I.)? OR by an official body of that country (document valid for 90 days from issuance)

c) Certified copy (in a Notary's Office) of the passport and the last entry visa in Brazil (to be included in the translation visa stamp) or of the National Registry of Foreigners;

NOTE: All of the above foreign documents must be translated by a Sworn Public Translator in Brazil, the signature of the Translator being recognized in a Registry of Notes and registered in a Registry of Titles and Documents.

The validity period of the visa and the declaration of civil status cannot be expired until the act of the marriage ceremony.

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Kindly share information without promoting own services.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Not true as to apostille. Only countries that are members of The Hague will need an apostille.
You should read the Code of Conduct. No solicitation allowed

I have a question that I feel like I know the answer to.  Is there an option to work while the visa is being processed if we have turned in all of the documents?  I have no ordinary legal standing to work, but I was wondering if having a valid marriage and a visa in processing would give any permissions.

Legally, no. Once granted the CRNM you then apply for a work card.
Ministério do Trabalho e Emprego. (Carteira de Trabalho)
If there is a Brazilian company that would sponsor you, even better.
Keep in mind many companies hire Brazilians first.
You can work online for a US company if paid in the US w/o a work card.