Going to study to Sao Paulo, need help!

Hi, i need some help with an issue, i plan to go to study to Sao Paulo next year, but before applying for the admission test, i first need to get a preparation course and also looking for an school that where i can get this preparation. The other issue is: Would the Brazilian Embassy give me a Student Visa for this preparation time? Because according to the information I found in the website of the embassy in my country (I am Peruvian and living in Lima now) they just give visas once u are already doing the pre-grade course, but as I said before, I first need the preparation for the “vestibular”… or are there another ways to do this???? Please I Hope someone can really help me with this! I would be really thanked and glad that someone can really help me!
And of course, even if you just read but can't answer, I say thank you for at least, reading my question and concern!
I don't write in Portugues, since I still learn the language. And if I get to go, I would stay there with my uncle, who can't really help me with this issue, since he is really too busy. This is the reason why I have come here first to get some help! 

Hola, necesito ayuda, yo planeo ir a Sao por temas de estudios, el proximo año. El tema es el siguiente, antes de ir a alguna universidad, necesito ir a una escuela de preparación para el examen de admisión, y aquí viene, según en el website de la Embajada de Brasil de mi país, Peru, solo conceden visas para estudiantes que van al Brasil para realizar cursos de pre-grado, post-grado y matestrias. Pero, aparentemente no conceden o dan visas, para mi caso, que primero lo quiero para el curso de preparación en alguna escuela, a la cual necesito ir por preparación antes de rendir el “Vestibular”… Hay alguna solución para esto??? Por favor, yo espero que alguien pueda disipar mis dudas, pero vamos… sean sinceros, que es lo que yo aprecio mas que todo!
No escribo en portugués, porque aun sigo aprendiendo el idioma. Si llego ir para Sao Paulo, me quedare con en la casa de un tio, quien en estos momentos no puede ayudarme con este tema porque esta realmente muy ocupado, por eso recurri a este foro para conseguir ayuda! 

Hello vajevla06.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you will be helped soon.

PS: You can post your message on the Spanish forum as well. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Vajevla,

The best people to give you specific details and answer you question is the Brazilian Embassy/Consulate near you.

It is my understanding that the student visa is only issued to those confirmed in a course and it is issued for the duration of the particular course of studies. I do not know if it would be issued for a pre-vestibular program or not. However, since the pre-vestibular courses are generally of short duration all you really need to do is apply for a tourist visa. This would allow you to stay in the country for 90 days, which you can extend for a further 90 days at the headquarters of the Federal Police here.

This would allow you sufficient time (almost 6 months) to take your pre-vestibular course and at the same time look around for the university of your choice while you are here. Picking a university from a distance is a bit like buying a used car that you've never seen, if you ask me.

I don't know if, having selected a universtity, you could apply to change your tourist visa into a student visa or not, but if it isn't possible then you just return to Peru and with all the documentation from the university in hand it should be no problem to obtain the student visa and return to Brazil.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Good day Sr. William James Woodward.

I am really thank that you replied to my question! :)

Now, i have some other doubts in my head... i was trying to get more information about pre-vestibulars schools in Sao Paulo, i have to mention that i will be going there anyway for "holidays" in September and check more about this.... Sr. Williams, Do you think that if i go to study there the pre-vestibular school will allow me to do the course just by having the the "Student Visa"?

Also i would like to know which schools for pre-vestibulars course are good...? i Can't get this info so easily since i am not there yet, and i dont have anyone to check this out for me right now :(

So if i could get an answer for this, would be fabolous!!!

Best regards from Lima, Peru :)

David.

Hello Vajevla,

I think you could enroll in a pre-vestibular course even with just a tourist visa, but can't say with 100% certainty. The best thing to do is contact one of the schools that offer the course and ask if they have any specific visa requirements.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog