Buying online

Hello, I'm confused please let me know your  insights.

I bought a shoes posted in fb. And because of the distance i asked to send post mail. The shoes is 5 euro+ the sending cost is 7.50. It is within NL only.

After a few days I asked  her , she said she sent it already on tuesday. After 1 week it did not arrive,  on Friday (today) i asked her again she said it's maybe delayed because of corona and told me it could be in the post kantoor but i did not recieve notification.

Then, she told me she called the post office and the box is broken she didn't know how it happened but she have to pay again the sending cost now asking me to refund her  and sent me the bank link. 

I was confused why i need to pay more. I let my husband to interfere. He asked how it's happened why its broken she did not know. They exchanged messages. She told my husband to repay her because she cannot make it. My husband said we will not pay and asking her reciept number but now she did not read the last massage yet.

My husband is telling me it was scam.  Do you think he is correct? Should i repay the cost again if the shoes arrived?

What do i do?

Krissah

Your husband is totally in the right, they tried to scam you.

Ah.  I cannot believe in just small amount people can do that.

Other time i was lied with the job offered. I gave my docs and waiting the call but non.  (Fortunately i got another job closer to my house. It is legit, international company. Start this monday.)

But in my experience it is dangerous to live and trust now. 😕

Hi again.

There are scammers everywhere; all you can do is to be careful and remember that if something is cheap, there is probably a reason for it, one of which is the seller is up to no good.

Sorry for your negative experience.

Cynic
Expat Team

I'm slowly learning how it is here.

To update,  last night the seller gave the bar code of the box but niet gevonden when i search till this morning.  But she sent messages i have to refund her the 7.50 because she is really in need now and that is big for her, although my husband is replying we will wait the box first and sent complaint/inquiry to the website how it went and what happened. He wanted an answer.

We did not reply the last messages.

I'm really disappointed. How can she asked refund when the bar code is niet gevonden?  She wants the refund quickly & immediately.

Krissah

Hi,

The seller is lying about it. FaceBook isn't the safest place to buy something, I only buy something there if I can pick it up.

It is not how it goes in the Netherlands, people trying to rip you off are everywhere on the internet.

If you want to buy second hand clothes try "Vinted" that is a reliable platform in the Netherlands.

Honestly i don't want to drag my name into trouble.  I'm proctecting myself being a foreigner here and still working on my permanent residency.

I avoid trouble and don't want trouble.

My husband said I'm a victim of this kind of scam and nothing to worry and as of this moment we do not do anything wrong. But she said she felt threatened we told her  we also feel the same.

Does she knew that the bar code is niet gevonden? Would she bring it to the authorities and would affect if I apply permanent residency in the future?

Don't worry you won't be in trouble, they tried to scam you! She is trying to get more money out of you. Do not pay anymore than you already did.
She nows the barcode didn't work because she probably never sent the package to you. You paid so she has to deliver.

Your husband is right it cannot harm you in any way possible.