Which school is better Private or Public School?

I am looking for the best private school in UAE, but I can't able to find a good one. Please suggest to me some good schools.

saba_alam wrote:

I am looking for the best private school in UAE, but I can't able to find a good one. Please suggest to me some good schools.

There are indeed a lot of private schools. But all will depend on what is deemed "Best" for you. So I did suggest you list what you want out of the school. That is, is it their curriculum? Teaching practices? Teachers? Standard of structure in learning? Safety? etc.

Everyone has something that would help them make that choice. I think whether public or private it will highly depend on your income and your perception of "Best" to answer that question. My answer might not have helped you much, however, if you narrow down what you are really looking for, a couple of minutes on google will give you all that you seek.

Most importantly, you will have to reevaluate your standard definition of public and private.

In most western countries, public schools are run by state funding and afford a quality education at reasonable cost.  Private schools in those countries are for the elite and rich people and more for alumni/networking/status vs. any significant short comings in the public system.  That is, you can get a good education in public schools for close to free but if you want an edge in life, you go to a private school.

In the UAE, it is opposite.  Public schools are free for locals and cost a fee for expats. In addition, the language of instruction is Arabic and curriculum is UAE national approved one.  So practically speaking, the system is not easy for expats and considering that most expats are here for a relatively temporary stay, when you move back, its not easy to move to a different curriculum.   On top, the quality of education can't be compared to, say public schools in the west, as the ones here are run by a Government bureaucracy vs. professional educators having relative autonomy, in the west.

For these reasons and others, the overwhelming majority of expats put their kids in private schools or at the very least, in schools run by their respective countries e.g. Indian school etc.