Long term social visit visa

Hello,

I am a Belgium citizen and had to leave Malaysia in March 2020 due to the Covid pandemic. I would like to come back to Malaysia and are desperately looking for solutions. As I was informed that the MM2H program was suspended and that it will be extremely difficult to find a job and therefore an employee visa in Malaysia; I dig further and find : "The long term social visit pass".

Can someone  help me understand what is this program ? The conditions that are necessary to apply for this visa ? Eventually share useful links ?

Please if you have any other solution, could you share your insights ?

I would be very grateful if somebody could help me.

As of 7th September new countries were added to a ban that does not allow people to enter Malaysia from. Not sure if Belgium was on it.

Belgium was one of the 23 countries listed for temporary bans.

Long Term Social Visit Pass is for family....that being your Malaysian wife sponsors you, or that you have Malaysian relatives you want to come and stay with for a while. A person might be american with a Malaysian cousin or something. Usually though, its for the foreign spouse of a Malaysian. Under this program you can also apply for a work pass but to my knowledge very few are given. I previously asked and was denied. In any case the LTSVP starts with 6 months, then a year, then three years to continually prove you are still married.

That said, LTSVP is highlighted as the visa most denied for re-entry during Covid. If you have a Malaysian spouse and you have to go back to your country for a problem, you can basically forget coming back again. With my LTSVP I am totally stuck in Malaysia, I cant leave because it would be a one-way ticket assuming I could even get permission to leave in the first place.

My advice is to follow the winds which indicate staying where you are for now.