Guardian visa

Hello Forum, I was told by a friend that we could move to Malaysia, enroll the kids into school and apply for guardian visa for the parents.
We've got 3 kids aged 8,6,3.5, please advise if we will both get the guardian visa or only one?
We are flying in on the 13th August and my friend tells me today that only the mother will be allowed for the guardian visa 🙄
Thank in advance

never heard of it,,,

You need to show considerable amount of offshore income to get that sort of visa and you cant work in Malaysia with that visa (there are hardly any jobs here any more anyway for foreigners). Yes, there is only need for one Guardian in visa terms.

So do bring all your paperwork showing your monthly income. You will need proof of it from your employer as well as providing bank statements. You will need all sorts of other paperwork including examination certificates, work exprience documents. Degrees, etc. etc. A CV showing your career.

You have to enrol your kids in international or private schools (no local government education is given to foreigners).  That means the education alone will probably cost you RM2000 per month per child.  You will need about RM10,000 per month to live in Malaysia and NO POSSIBILITY to get work with that visa.

The school gives you a letter saying you have enrolled your child/ren and then you apply for a Student Visa for each of them.  Usually one parent only is given a guardian visa. The other parent is usually expected to be working somewhere other than Malaysia to provide the monthly income required to support the family.

This is not the way to migrate to Malaysia. If you are over 55 there is the Malaysia My Second Home Visa. But for that you have to show liquid assets of RM350,000 and a monthly income.

New topic