How you can find retirees expact in a new place?

Hi People!
Warm countries in europe like portugal, spain, greece - known as countries with a lot of expact age 50+
how do you find them?
is there a places that there are kind of clubs/centers for all kind of activities?

you can answer in general, but if you have ideas about specific places, could be great also
Thanks
:lol:

What's the point of moving somewhere if you intend to socialize with other expats instead of the locals there?

maybe it's because i don't speak the language???

Rephrase: What is the point of moving somewhere if there are no locals who speak English and you cannot speak their language?
(Well, I did exactly that several times - and socializing with them nevertheless gave me a headstart in learning the culture and language, while listening to other expat's usual complaints about the host country only gave me headache.)

Agree with beppi.  Unless the move happened suddenly and I didn't have any time to plan, I would never move to another country without preparation in advance, and learning the language is the most important part of the preparation.

Levyorit,

The easiest and most direct way to find other expats for socializing in the real world is to post in the Forum  of the area(s) that interest you,  saying that you'd like to meet people.  Your profile says that you're interested in Faro, so the "Algarve" forum in Portugal would be a good place to start.
A lot of people use expat.com strictly for online assistance and so won't be interested.   Others, as you've already seen, will bizarrely think that "helping" consists of judging and criticizing your request.  I'm sorry that you've met with that,  but let it serve as an inoculation rather than a deterrent,  and persevere.  Some people are probably on the same wavelength you are.
There are other, similar communities.   InterNations seems to be less aimed at immediate assistance
and  more interested in helping members network in person, so you might try there, as well.
Good luck!

I've lived and worked as an expat in several English-speaking countries over the years, and enjoyed the expat communities of each one. The countries have been England, Canada, Bahamas, what is now called Vanuatu, and Cayman in the Caribbean. No problem!

Meet other expats and join the events

OR