Working in Bucharest

Hi
I want to move and work in Bucharest for a while if possible, I've visited Romania many tines, Cluj, Brassov, Transylvania and of course many times to Bucharest, I like the country and the people very much and would like to work in the capital if possible, I've been working in architectural offices in the UK for around 20 years and was wondering what the possibilities of finding the same kind of work would be in Bucharest although to have the chance of living and working in the capital I'd take any job to experience living in Bucharest, any advice or help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Stephen

Hello Stephen,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Members who have first-hand knowledge about whether expats commonly find work in the field of architecture will be able to respond in a more accurate manner.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you go through the list of useful links at the end of the article, Working in Bucharest. Along with links to job portals on which you can scan for job opportunities in architectural firms, you will also find links to government agencies for job seekers to whom you can reach out for more information.

I hope the answers you find will work in your favour.  ;)

Good luck,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Thank you , your help and assistance is much appreciated, my partner is Romanian and she has just returned back to Bucharest, I would like to join her we've been thinking about it for some time but obviously it would depend on me being able to find employment over there, your help is very valuable to me and I appreciate your time reading my messages, thank you 🙏

You may not find something in your field, or not right away, but there are employment opportunities for foreigners in Bucharest. There is a facebook group, "Cs and expats in Bucharest" and every now and then someone asks about jobs, and usually there are good recommendations there, people willing to send your cv to their companies, etc. There is another group, newer, "Jobs for foreigners in Bucharest" or something like that, and someone posted a couple of suggestions on this topic. You might have to be here for interviews, though.

Hi Laura

Thanks for the reply, will have a look at the suggestions you made, I applied for a job with one of the ikea branches in Bucharest today, I have a place to stay in Bucharest so being there for the interviews should be fine should I be lucky enough to find work, it's something I'm really keen and urging to do, have been there many times and love the city especially the Old Quarter and friendly people, I'll keep sending my cv off where ever is suitable and fingers crossed I can join the many ex pats working there.

Thank you for taking the time to reply I really appreciate it .

Stephen