[ASK]What are the requirements to make business?

Hello again..

Since it's hard to get a job here, I intend to make a small food court/restaurant. but my wife said that I have to pay tax, permits etc.
can someone explain me here all details?

Thank you very much in advance :)

O zi buna!:)

Hi there, just curious if you have started the restaurant business? My husband and I are new to Bucharest and we are thinking the same, if you can tell us some of your experiences opening a restaurant, that would be great.
Best regards
Helena

A lot of hassle with the food inspectors, and a lot of under-the-counter money, as everywhere in the world. Don't go into this business if you don't have previous experience in this business.

As everywhere in the world, yes, you will have to pay taxes, get permits and licenses, etc. Some people say that you'll need more than in some other parts of the world.

However, if you look on the streets, there are places who seem to do good. Do...do not give up!

I know and I have actually heard a Romanian returned from Germany, opened and closed his restaurnat in Bucharest. However, the food and drink scene is everywhere in Bucharest, otherwise, we see construction sites restoring old buildings, what do you think about the construction business? Any easier than restaurant? Thanks.

Hello, as you also noticed, the FB scene is very vibrant, which is why I told you it's doable. These guys have found the means to survive, although I don't know them. There is a huge number of restaurants for sale, though. Check piataafacerilor.ro for an idea for businesses for sale.

Construction - registering the company : easy. Finding work : damn hard. AS everywhere, who controls the client controls the business.

Maybe you should take a little time and look around ? There are opportunities everywhere...

Thank you for the link. Is there a forum where restaurant owners exchange ideas? I would like to find a partner in this respect.

I thought of opening traditional Chinese medical clinic and bring in medical tourists, anyone out there can share with me their expereinces?

In general, I would like to know the business scene in Romania. What about other touristic cities like Brasov, Sinai? Any chance for a good business start or too quiet? Is corruption also so high outside Bucharest?
Many thanks.