Olotels Bucharest

Hello
Anyone work, have worked or know someone who did work/work for Olotels in Bucharest (Dorobanti area)? Who perhaps can give some info...

Noone knows anything about this company?

According to information on www.desprefirme.ro where one can leave reviews about their current or past employer, Olotels is mostly not being considered a good employer.

But why not contact a past employee of the company, who might be able to give you some more insight.

Carla Boangiu used to be Customer Care Department Manager at Olotels (Romania): http://www.linkedin.com/in/carlaboangiu

She is one heck of a smart woman, if she was able to come up with all those ideas, isn't it?

@Mark_W

Almost every review written on desprefirme is written by either a disgruntled ex-employee or an HR manager looking to counter the former ex-employee's view. I wouldn't put much stock in what you read there if I were you.

As for Carla Bulangiu, the only thing you can learn from her linkedin profile is that she has an enormous trumpet and knows how to blow it.

When it comes to Romania, the less you believe of what you read on the net (both good and bad), the easier life here becomes.

Maykal wrote:

@Mark_W

Almost every review written on desprefirme is written by either a disgruntled ex-employee or an HR manager looking to counter the former ex-employee's view. I wouldn't put much stock in what you read there if I were you.

As for Carla Bulangiu, the only thing you can learn from her linkedin profile is that she has an enormous trumpet and knows how to blow it.

When it comes to Romania, the less you believe of what you read on the net (both good and bad), the easier life here becomes.

I disagree to an extend. Many of the so called "disgruntled" employees show a pattern of how a company functions and how they treat their employees, what they pay, and what the average workload in certain positions is. There are ALSO numerous companies getting praise from both current as past employees as well!

I know quite a lot of multinational companies from close-up and how they treat their employees and in 75% of the cases the opinions on desprefirme.ro come extremely close to the core problems (or good sides) these companies have.

I've also worked with/at a large number of Romanian companies over the last decade, and in almost all cases, the views represented on desprefirme have been at best, exaggerated, and at worse, verging on the slanderous.  To say that 75% of the views on that site are accurate is a ridiculous statement. Happy employees who have worked for many years at one particular company are almost certain to not write anything on such a site. As with most internet review sites, the majority of those who log on and make an account in order to write something on the net tend to be those with a bone to grind or are those with an inherent advantage to countering or promoting a particular view. To assume anything less would be to assume a certain level of naivity.

Not much help here :-) 2 different views on what to believe; but I would never 100% trust anything written anywhere. Just strike me as a bit odd that the 3 people I have talked with previously regarding this company, suddenly do not exist :-)
Furthermore it seems that perhaps mentalitity is somewhat different from Northern Europe; appointments and promises even by mail or phone is not to be trusted it seems by Romanian people working at various recruitment agencys and companys :-)
Think I willstay clear and work for myself, learn the language and get acquainted with everything. In due time I can always try to get familiar with this Romanian system :-)
But cheers anyway for suggetions in what to believe and what not to believe....

To Mark; But why not contact a past employee of the company, who might be able to give you some more insight.

I tried this on many occasions; not sure if Romanians are very very reserved, since of 6 people who work or have worked there, not one single person have bothered to reply...(little strange) :-)

The site suggested with comments is under construction, so not possible to see comments that you suggested...

Seems there is a mentality difference and perhaps Romania and the companies there still have some way to go before they meet with EU and Western European standards with regards to trustworthiness etc....

But thanks anyway!

Really?
They have steps to do before meeting western standards?
And...how did you reached that conclusion?

I worked at Olotels in Dorobanti. What would you like to know about them?

Whatever you read on the forums about them is correct. I do not suggest you work there.

NDRD; I sent you a message