No jobs for english speaker

hi everyone

so i have been living in Brasov Romania for 10 months now and my romanian isnt that good at all.i have searched for a job everywhere even if its cleaning and i cant find anything.its getting kinda depressing to live without a job.is there anyone out there in the same situation???

thanx all

Hello velisima.

Have you tried to post an advert in the jobs in Bucharest section? It might help. :)

Wish you good luck in your research,
Aurélie

It is , indeed, terrible. Are you sending 20 CVs a day, and are you making 20 follow-up phone calls a day?

callincard wrote:

It is , indeed, terrible. Are you sending 20 CVs a day, and are you making 20 follow-up phone calls a day?

hi callincard

ohh i'v sent 1000 cv's and i think i'll soon be charged with harassment heehehehehe all they say is no romanian no job.

AurélieZ wrote:

Hello velisima.

Have you tried to post an advert in the jobs in Bucharest section? It might help. :)

Wish you good luck in your research,
Aurélie

thanx alot however i live in Brasov not bucharest and there isnt a section for Brasov in this site.thanx again

velisima wrote:
callincard wrote:

hi callincard

ohh i'v sent 1000 cv's and i think i'll soon be charged with harassment heehehehehe all they say is no romanian no job.

It seems to me that you should look for an English-speaking company, isn't it? Only for English-speaking companies:)

Also, geography should not be a problem, for a first job...

callincard wrote:
velisima wrote:
callincard wrote:

hi callincard

It seems to me that you should look for an English-speaking company, isn't it? Only for English-speaking companies:)

Also, geography should not be a problem, for a first job...

yes,however there arent lots of english speaking company in Brasov.what do you mean by geography for a first job plz elaborate.thanx alot. :)

Hi velisima,

Just happened to read your blog and I understand I'm not the only person who is going through this trauma of "no jobs for English speakers". I have been trying for a job since November 2012. Most probably, every recruiting firm/agent must be having my CV in their database by now. Tried sending CV to Multi National Company's, Semi Medium Enterprises and small outlets - but still no luck. E-mailed CV, handed over hard copies to friends, faxed some, telephone calls, text and what else.

Frustrating sometimes, not getting used to it. Well, just can't change the habit of being optimistic.  Waiting for an opportunity as usual.

Good day all !!!

Hello,
I am living in Romania for almost 7 months and I got two jobs in other country in Europe. It is really very hard to find job here in Romania when you don't speak Romanian very well.

Hi,

Glad to read about your recent success with job hunts, wishing you luck. I'm still jobless and lately I have started to think about flying out of this country to somewhere else. No point in being home with nothing to do for several months.

Good day !!!

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please post in the jobs section

trust me its really hard for you to find jobs here in romania. maybe in bucharest but from what i heard i think its pretty hard there also.
Outside romania is better, places like germany you can you work in some companies that dont require german language.
This also depends on your degree. UK is also another option, you can find good jobs and you can speak all the english you want