Problem with tax filing - Myfin

Hello,

I was working for an Indian employer as an expatriate until 6 December 2019 since May 2015. From December 9 2019, I work for a Belgian employer as a permanent employee. The last date to declare taxes is shown as 16 July in my Tax-on-web.

When I click on "Access my statement", I get the following error "Il est momentanément impossible d'accéder à votre TaxBox pour des raisons techniques. Veuillez nous en excuser et réessayer plus tard".  (It is temporarily impossible to access your TaxBox for technical reasons. Please excuse us and try again later) I have tried several times but I get the same error.

My wife works for Belgian employer since October 2019 (she's on Dependent Resident Permit). For her, on clicking "Access my Statement", she receive an error " Votre numero national est inconnu de la base de donnees Tax-on-web ".  (Your national number is unknown from the Tax-on-web database)

I've started working for Belgium employer only from December 9 , 2019. So I would be considered as resident or non-resident ? I still work with a Work Permit tied to my employer. Should I file my taxes before 15th July ?

My accountant told me that I should file taxes only in September and my wife should file now (after correcting the error she gets regarding national number in Tax-on-web). Can we file like this separately ?

Accountant asked to check in commune regarding the error related to National number. They have told me that everything is OK.

It's my first time filing taxes in Belgium. I'm bit lost. Any leads would be of great help.

Thank you very much in advance !

For the error regarding "Your national number is unknown from the Tax-on-web database", you can call their helpdesk (025771290) and tell them this. They will send a paper return.

For the rest, I would follow the advice of a competent accountant.

Thank you for the info Aneesh ! My wife haven't received the paper returns yet. Both of our myfin portals show that Tax Declaration should be done by 15th July :(

I just received a feedback from myfin that I fall in both non-resident & resident category for past year since I started working for Belgian employer only in December 2019. They did not respond anything for my question about error in my wife's myfin portal "Your national number is unknown from the Tax-on-web database" and if I can wait for receiving the paper for declaration.

It's difficult for me with my little french :( I try to manage my best.

I'm clueless of what to do next :(  I called help-desk 025771290 but they have asked to wait for the response for my email in which I received no answer for my question.

Any other inputs would be of great help !

Hi Rajpnr,

Having a similar problem to yours, I called the helpline this afternoon. After about half an hour on hold, I spoke to someone who told me that the problem was that I was down in the system as non-resident. They say that they will correct that. In the meantime they will send me a paper tax declaration and extend my deadline until mid-August. I should be able to file the return online next year. It could take a couple of weeks before I receive the paper document. I had the impression that they are aware of the problem, as the guy I spoke to gave me an answer without any hesitation.

Hello Belgobrit84,

Thank you very much for the info.

In helpline , they've told me that I'll receive a paper in two weeks and I should file by October. In mail they have sent me that , I should have filed before 30th June and gave an alternate email to request for tax filing extension . I don't know whom to follow.

Hoping for a reply regarding the filing extension in email.

Hello Rajpnr,

I have a similar condition. I was working under expat contract till 2019 April end after which i came back on new visa on nov 2019, since then working under local contract.
I did not received any letter and in tax on web it showed 'no pending action'. My new employer is helping me file my return. Also I was informed that for 2019 there will be 2 returns from my side - non-resident one which my previous employer will file till oct end.
Resident return will be filed by my new employer after my status has been changed to resident

Hi All,

I've now received my papers through post for filing taxes. I could see exactly the same paper in my wife's minfin login - Declaration. Can I copy everything as such in online to the paper and send back the papers myself ?  (My minfin declarations is showing error but my wife's portal works)

I verified that the numbers are matching exactly as in "Fiche 281.10 - Rémunérations" of both myself & my wife. Only thing I've added is my Overseas account. There is a column just to declare if we have overseas/foreign account, I have given as yes then just my name,country of account & if it's linked in National Bank of Belgium . Nothing else was there to fill. Am I right ?

Also I should send back the papers in the envelope sent by minfin ? Should I paste a postage stamp or it's OK to post it just in the cover they sent me ?

Minfin has asked me to return the papers as soon as possible to avoid late filing fee.

Thank you in advance !

Take the envelope to any postage point or post office. They will affix stamp or a sticker (equivalent to stamp) and send it. They charge you the price of the stamp.

Aneesh wrote:

Take the envelope to any postage point or post office. They will affix stamp or a sticker (equivalent to stamp) and send it. They charge you the price of the stamp.

Thank you Aneesh ! I've just sent it.

Hello,
I've started working for local Belgian employee since May,2021. Previous to that, I was working as seconded employee/ non-resident from 2017 to 2021.

Can you pls let me know how to change the status from "non-resident" to "resident" ? In minfin website, last year data still shows me as non-resident.

Also, how do l need to fill tax return for non-resident (Jan,2021 to May,2021) and rest of year with resident status. It should be one tax return or two ?

thanks in advance