Help with property issue

Hello everybody!

I am asking for your help regarding some properties im selling in Greece.
I've been receiving lots of requests from Lebanon which is a great thing as I really like Lebanese people however I am a bit hesitant as they all say they want to pay in Lebanon via cheque. Is this a new thing? Is it scam or should I go on? What happens with the cheque I receive?

I would really-really appreciate any help as I have suffered enough from scammers in the past!

Thanks!

i think , if we are going to selling one product from one to another country , the payment will be in seller currency. Am working in contracting & trading company we have been dealing with many supplier outside Oman and the payment which we are sending to them in their currency. That mean fund transfer from our bank to their bank.

Hi!
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, thats what I knew too.
However I read online about people in Lebanon wanting to get money out of banks. If my lawyer travels to Beirut and finishes the transaction, how can I get my money in Greece. Im confused  :/

in brief, you want to get money from Lebanon to Greece is that right? if its is like that let them send via western union or other money transfer institution. There are many. everyone can send money all over the world as per the currency that we required.

Yes. Thats what I want but according to the articles I read online, they cannot transfer more than 1,000.

i dont think like that  as per my knowledge. but i will check it my self then i let you know.

Thanks a lot!

Cheques are (outside of the USA) an outmoded method of payment and mostly used in scams or fraud. Bank transfers are easy and cheap nowadays - and far safer!
Furthermore, if there are currency limitations that prevent the buyer from sending the money abroad, the same will apply to you after payment (plus the risk of exchange rate fluctuations).
I would never agree to arrangements like that!

Thats what I thought too...   :(

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Meet expats all over the world

OR