Documents and Rules for Living in Thailand

Hello,

I am new to this forum so please forgive me if these questions are too basic. I am a retired American citizen and my Filipina Girlfriend and I would like to live in Thailand for may be three months starting in August. Neither of us will seek any kind of work and we are able to document that we have funds to sustain ourselves while in Thailand.

My question is: what kinds of documents (visas etc) do we need to live in Thailand for three months? Can we obtain them upon arrival or is it necessary or advisable to try to get them prior to arrival?

Thank You!

PeterPaul1999 wrote:

Hello,

I am new to this forum so please forgive me if these questions are too basic. I am a retired American citizen and my Filipina Girlfriend and I would like to live in Thailand for may be three months starting in August. Neither of us will seek any kind of work and we are able to document that we have funds to sustain ourselves while in Thailand.

My question is: what kinds of documents (visas etc) do we need to live in Thailand for three months? Can we obtain them upon arrival or is it necessary or advisable to try to get them prior to arrival?

Thank You!

Hello,

Maybe on this website for you... Visa !

https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

Thom

Hello Thom,

Yes. Very useful link!

Thank you!

Citizens of Philippines entering Thailand by air will be granted a 30 day stay. Those entering Thailand by land land will be granted a 15 day stay. Thailand tourist visa is not required for citizens of Philippines for a stay up to 30 days. Good to go if the term of your stay in Thailand is less than 30 days.

PeterPaul1999

I did this earlier this year and it was easy to get extensions

Americans of course don't need a visa

Hello Lasvegan,

Thank you for your responses. I hope everyone in Thailand is staying safe.

Thanks