"Nektek Énekelünk" a singing project by expats/foreigners in Budapest

More details here on the "Nektek Énekelünk"  a singing project by expats/foreigners in Budapest, Hungary.

Click here for a short article (3 languages) and the VIDEO:
Neked írom a dalt - Expat cover

:)
great clip, thanks a million for sharing and your work........ :one

Thank you for watching and responding to it!

Aries25au wrote:

:)
great clip, thanks a million for sharing and your work........ :one

i wanted to respond to your message, but it went out on the common thread and I cannot delete it :)
Anyway,
Thank you for watching and responding to it!

Interesting project.  Thanks for sharing.  :one

Maybe you could try the much loved Girl with the Pearl Hair by Omega as a Hungarian anthem.   It has of course, a sing along chorus.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Interesting project.  Thanks for sharing.  :one

Maybe you could try the much loved Girl with the Pearl Hair by Omega as a Hungarian anthem.   It has of course, a sing along chorus.

I'll share your respond with the team. :)
Thank you for your reply.

It was Girl with the Pearl Hair by Omega (also covered by the Scorpions). 

The link to the YouTube video was blocked so far as I can see.

Yes, that is about the only Omega tune I like. Great one.
I tried to open the link about this song sharing thing but didn't really work, no matter., I'll do everyone a huge favor and not even try to sing.
Some of our "former" HU /US friends hang out in a group of old timers that include the Hungarian singer from days past, "Charlie" saw him play live once, well I had to ask my husband if he was still alive or just a 3 D image ... No, that's mean.
Oh yes, the lead, so called, singer of Mini showed up for the memorial for our old HU/ US Hawaiin living friend, what a let down he was, standing in the background as if autograph hounds would get him.. In his dreams.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I tried to open the link about this song sharing thing but didn't really work, no matter., I'll do everyone a huge favor and not even try to sing.
Some of our "former" HU /US friends hang out in a group of old timers that include the Hungarian singer from days past, "Charlie" saw him play live once, well I had to ask my husband if he was still alive or just a 3 D image ... No, that's mean.
Oh yes, the lead, so called, singer of Mini showed up for the memorial for our old HU/ US Hawaiin living friend, what a let down he was, standing in the background as if autograph hounds would get him.. In his dreams.

Yes, I agree, that's the only Omega track worth anything.  But I suppose they are are like the Hungarian Rolling Stones.  Dinosaurs of Rock although I hesitate to classify them as rock.  That lead guy, Kóbor, is really ancient.  They all live very close to here - Mrs Fluffy has met them a couple of times and in  Törökbálint they have their studios and sometimes they are playing free gigs.

Charlie I know about as he was very popular in Germany.  Not my style at all.   Mini, no idea about them.

But of course further afield we have Gene Simmons of Kiss fame.   Not sure any of their songs would work in a choir.  I cannot think of one single song anyway - although I remember him in some movies.

I have to say as an Aussie here , I still get goosebumps when I hear the tune "magyarorszag'............I find it to be an amazing moving piece of music.

Aries25au wrote:

I have to say as an Aussie here , I still get goosebumps when I hear the tune "magyarorszag'............I find it to be an amazing moving piece of music.

Got a link to a YouTube rendition?

hope this works , if not youtube it. Its by Oláh Ibolya (11 Dec 2006)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i367SC_eVG0

Aries25au wrote:

Due to political overtones in this video, maybe best to move further discussion to Absolutely Anything Else.

Let us concentrate here on the original post and the collaborative, artistic work she provided.

Aries25au wrote:

I totally agree, i also get goose bumps on that one too :)

:top::)

fluffy2560 wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Yes, I agree, that's the only Omega track worth anything.  But I suppose they are are like the Hungarian Rolling Stones.  Dinosaurs of Rock although I hesitate to classify them as rock.  That lead guy, Kóbor, is really ancient.  They all live very close to here - Mrs Fluffy has met them a couple of times and in  Törökbálint they have their studios and sometimes they are playing free gigs.

Charlie I know about as he was very popular in Germany.  Not my style at all.   Mini, no idea about them.

But of course further afield we have Gene Simmons of Kiss fame.   Not sure any of their songs would work in a choir.  I cannot think of one single song anyway - although I remember him in some movies.

Yes our friend was a drummer for the first round of Mini back before he escaped to the US just like that dude from Omega who toured the US and decided to stay. We went to his BD in Hollywood sometime around 1975 or so, my sister's HU boyfriend took guitar lessons from him... Long story in which I have written about in the past, he got "offed" by the HU mob in LA, Ca. ...
I seriously am a Stones fan from day one of hearing them as a 8 year old girl so no one and I mean no one comes close to them, Omega , only in their wildest dreams...
My mother took singing lessons before she married, guess it was around 1942 or so, Her music teacher freaked because my mom had the raw sound that is so popular these days,, Had to break her voice.
Mom used to sing for the USO during WW11 , also used to tap dance and also just dance with soldiers who were on leave. was 110% against her granny and aunts who she lived with, had to sneak out of the window at night to go to the USO club at age 20. She was raised by her naitve American relations who thought it was very low and only a very easy women would ever sing or dance in public. They were super strict but as I age and see the world as it is, they had a view in which I do not really disagree with.
My mom could sing and carry a tune as can my younger half sister but I scare the crapola even out of myself in the shower.

Aries25au wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i367SC_eVG0

That's an exalted song about one's love for the country. The melody is borrowed from the song Alegria, composed for one of Cirque du Soleil's shows. Ah, the irony...  :lol:

fluffy2560 wrote:

Yes, I agree, that's the only Omega track worth anything.

Check out "Feher hollo", "Enhozzam a Rock and Roll szol", "Ezusteso", "Ejfeli koncert", "Nyari ejjek asszonya"....

Edit: one more: "Udvari bolond kenyere"