Ground Floor with no air con ?

Hi,

I've been offered a ground floor apartment in SPB with no air con.The owners say that because its a bottom floor the heat shouldnt be much of a problem....should i beleive them ?

Hi Sunshine,

We have a groundfloor apartment with AC in Sliema in a building with 6 floors. We have a large backyard and can get air flowing through the place. Last year we did not have use the AC so it could be ok. Actually we chose this apartment because it is groundfloor and out of the sun.

Does the sun shine in somewhere or is it shady?

So you could believe them - but take a good look at the way to get cool air into the place and also ..... the temperature feel depends a lot on the person. The temperature inside will increase over the summer. We use fans to get some air circulation when it gets warm.

Wish you a cool summer anyway.
Ricky

It was pretty warm in our place in Xemxija today - we are effectively 1st floor, and have someone above us. There was very little air movement this evening and I nearly put the AC on...I expect in July/Aug we will use the AC, at least on those days when there's not much of a breeze like today.

A fan is OK, but it in some cases it really just pushes warm air around.

Personally, I wouldn't take an apartment without AC, but I'm a wimp who feels the heat.

Tim

More specifically it will be at night time...because im sure I could force myself out of the apartment to have some cold beers during the days and evenings :)

Impossible to say for definite - depends on the person, on the direction the flat faces, how many floor above you, what is below you, how much shade there is on the south facing side.....

now you are a sunshinelover, so presumably you don't mind warmth, so there would certainly be many ground floor apartments YOU wouldn't need aircon in

we used to live on a first floor apartment in SPB without a/c, there was nothing but a huge garage beneath us. Our flat was FREEZING cold in the winter- we could see our breath even! And in the summers, it was quite hot at times but probably better than the floors above us. We survived on fans that summer and lots of cold showers

i have an apartment with pool,that I rent out/ use myself for the summer; in Qawra (close to spb); its cool when doors and windows are open, and then it does wonders that we can go have a dip now and then! :)