Pet in an apartment

Hello, I moved to Malta one week ago and I am searching for an apartment. The problem is that I have a cat, I know that there are pet-friendly options, but I know that it is very difficult to find. My question is what could happen if I will bring it to an apartment where it is not permitted by the contract, and I will not say it to the owner (in the meaning of the law).  Obviously, it is a little bit illegal, but my cat is very quiet and It will not make any damage, I am sure.
Please, don't suggest me to leave it somewhere or to someone, it is not possible.

Thanx in any case!

I wouldn't mention the cat while you're searching for a flat, and once you've found a place you like and it comes to talking details with the landlord (not the agent), I'd mention the cat - that is, after the landlord has already accepted you as a prospective tenant.

lukata wrote:

Hello, I moved to Malta one week ago and I am searching for an apartment. The problem is that I have a cat, I know that there are pet-friendly options, but I know that it is very difficult to find. My question is what could happen if I will bring it to an apartment where it is not permitted by the contract, and I will not say it to the owner (in the meaning of the law).  Obviously, it is a little bit illegal, but my cat is very quiet and It will not make any damage, I am sure.
Please, don't suggest me to leave it somewhere or to someone, it is not possible.

Thanx in any case!

If you do not tell your landlord are you going to hide the cat whenever they come to your flat?

Cats are not dogs so very independent, I just hope it's not a house cat, then you would be in trouble if the Landlord visits and you have the cat in the property without telling them.

I would still tell the Landlord about the animal and say it spends most of the time outside and only comes in to eat, apart from when its bad weather and sleeps in the kitchen.

Good luck

We didn't say a word about our small dog, and only after successful negotiations, we mentioned it. Took us another 10 minutes to convince the landlady that the dog is quiet and won't cause any troubles. Nailed it  :D

There's a good reason why most of the landlords won't accept pets. And it's the term "pets" in general. They do not differ between small/big, loud/quiet, calm/aggressive. So it's on you, to convice your landlord  :top:

If your pet is loud, annoying and aggressive you better tell them in advance  ;)

Hi!

I moved to Malta 2 years ago with my (small) dog. I didn't mention the dog until I agreed with the landlord to take the apartment. He was OK with it, with the agreement I would pay for any damage he makes (which is more than reasonable I would say).

Now, every time my landlord comes to visit I don't have to worry about the dog (and he actually loves my dog now) :-)